yah know pete....

67 posts • Page 4 of 7

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

i'll very carefully point out that the word OR was in there, I have a lot of respect for middle eastern people as well................as long as they live in this country by our rules..................... in their country I respect their rules, now the statement i made was leave or take it over, thats what we do.............or i should say we did in the past and thats how we got to be the most powerful nation in the world, i don't like everything we have done in the past, but i can see how it was needed to become what we are .................the point i was making was shit or get off the pot because the lose of american lives first, middle eastern lives next and then the massive amounts of money wasted are not worth it.............either way, something needs to be done, so mr bush or whoever is in charge next DO SOMETHING.

the number one reason the US is in it's present condition of paralisis is because we don't follow through with things anymore - - - Pearl Harbor happened on Dec 7th and by mid spring we had completely destroyed the Japanese navy - -and they were done fucking with us, from there it was until the towers that any other country in the world thought about invadeing the monster we know as the US - - and because we layed down like a fucking imaciated poodle, we have lived in fear of another attack ever since - - - - it's kind of like "spare the rod, Spoil the child" not to quote the bible at ya, lol but the theory fits............

I was a Marine and i risked my life for this country, in the middle east ........if i never see an American soldier kill another person i would be a very happy man ..... but to stay on top unfortunately those things have to happen - - -the other option is to let every one do what they want when they want and to who they want, in the US in the world theatre .................and then what??? China can come in and build factories to supply the motherland, Muslims can start killing christians without fear of US legal action because it's none of us Americans business, wait till China owns enough big business and land in this country and decides that they want to our oild to feed their exploding economy as well as the multiple trilions of dollars we owe them - - -they are about to pass us in being the largest consumers of natural resources in the world...........we are talking about a civil war now my friend, personally, and if I'm a selfish redneck hick, blue blooded type A personality american, I am sorry................but i'd rather keep the battlefields out of my backyard and fight elsewhere if fighting must happen

All that being said, I do agree with the statments you made about people attcking us because we have destroyed their land and their lives, it makes sense and i feel for them.......but..............utopia is a dream, actually the closest thing to a utopian society that is actually applicable is marxism....................um china and russia aren't real succesful at that and far more destructive to the world...........pollution, crime, murder, drugs, governmental thievery are 100 times worse than here in this country

I do above all respect your thoughts and opinions and take them very seriously and hope these discussions are recieved as simply conversations to think about, i may rethink some things and you may rethink some things and if we don't ...........well we still have fish .................

later bud,

Boss

I agree with the Christian statement you made as well - -t

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

and my number one personal rants are completly based in this country - - -I am more concerned about our present condition in the Us than any war or country we are occupying - -

crime, punishment for crimes, abandend children, drugs, taxes and yes even big business abuse - - -

common sense stuff.................like if you are on welfare, which could be a good system again - - - you don't get to buy name brand top dollar foods i.e eggo waffles and hot pockets and all that over priced crap..................i didn't say you can't have it.........if you want it, GET A JOB......................birth control should be manditory for welfare recipiants as well................i didn't say you can't have a child, if you want one, GET A JOB............no convienient store should take welfare cards EVER, no lottery, - - -if you want to gamble, eat staek and eggs and live the American dream ................GET A FRIGGIN JOB

immagrants, I didn't chose English as a universal language so don't be pissed at me...................but in the US we speak english - - -how many millions of dollars if not billions in this country are spent on labeling things in 3-4 different languages signs to TV diners .............sorry but thats a waste because we don't want to hurt someone elses feelings ?????? bullshit.............. i was expected to learn arabic terms when i was in Saudi Arabia and guess what i wasn't pissed about it, why??? because they don't speak english in Saudi Arabia !!!!!!!!!!!!

taxes? - - coming to america to live the american dream includes taxes - that means everybody, i don't care if you were born here, flew here, swam here or came on a boat at the turn of the century

ok my blood pressure is up and my wife is pissed because im ranting......lol

you know with all growth we have made as a nation in the last 100 years - - - there really is something to be said for the family unit type of liveing we had in the 50's - -{im divorced twice, so thats not a high and mighty better than anyone statement} but the thoght processes and i think more than anything the morals of that time are almost non exsistant now - - -and we pay for it everyday - -in the form of government coruptness, "i;m gonna get mine and screw you" attitudes and just plain old simple "i don't care if it hurts you" thinking

Boss

gumbii

by gumbii

i'm not reading all of that...

cliff notes please...

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Sorry to get ya all worked up Boss. I think you said so much that i don't have much to say back. Time for bed!

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

I gave my 16 yr old daughter my vote this year with the stipulation that she had to logically convince me why we were voteing that way.................she has yet to sell anything to me accept feelings and looks, nothing on policy or ability to lead - - she is making her choices by what the main stream news or on line waco's and conspieracy freaks say and I'm getting a little pissed at her "lemming" attitude.

cliff notes......................Boss is an ass and had a couple bad days of stress and unkeashed his political thoughts on the forum - - - its all my opinion and really doesn't warrent reading ....................sorry guys.....lol

Pete, if i in any way semed to attack you, it was note intended at all, sorry man

Boss

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

No problem! keep it coming!

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I'm liking Obama more and more. He picked a good running mate, and when all the dirt about Micains falandering and cheating comes up it'll make him look even better. I just hope he doesn't get assasinated.

I think it's funny that mainstream blacks like Jessie jackson don't like him because he has the courage enough to call dead beat black american dads out on their lack of responsibility.

I also think we should drill for oil more in this country as long as it's done responsibility, and we should develop more technologies like wind, solar, and ocean current, and even nuclear so we can be less dependent on oil and fossil fuels and help to slow global warming as well.

We need to make our country safe with a different approach. We can still be the leader millitarally, and we can also be a leader in the development of alternative technologies and hopefully get back to educating more of our people. We can work to actually help other countries like say in the middle east without having it always be a trade for us having military bases and basically control of their countries. If you make friends you have less enemies. When you kill people you just make enemies.

Most people in the middle east want to live peacfully and hold no grudges against the people of the US, and some hold grudges against us for a good reason. A very small few, once again a religous few, have it out for us for religous reasons, but their numbers will decreace over time with education and cooperation.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

now everything you just said i can get on board with

do a search sometome on "simmer plants" they are basically little tiny nuclear plants, that run under the temperatures that are a constant risk of meltdown in larger standard plants................about 5 million a pop and 3 simmer plants would put the same amount of power on the grid that Wolf creek out in KS does, for a fraction of the cost and totally safe for the environment - - - seem like a no brainer to me - - we could build a simmer plant in almost every medium sized town and be self suffiecient 5-8 of em would run a city like KC maybe 10-12 for a city like NYC or LA - - - - clean out schedules are almost twice as far apart as a standard nuc plant - -interesting technology .....but like the corn vs algae in biofuel, i don't know why we don't go in that direction - - -oh yeah big oil and their person lobiest keep it out.....lol

maybe give nuc power to the middle east rather than nuc bombs???????

Boss

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

who knew when i got a fish tank i would be in conversations that can solve the worlds problems.........lol...............

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

Here's my thing. You can respect middle-easterners, you can respect mexicans (hail gumbii), you can respect the french, the chinese, the koreans, the phillipinos--you name it. BUT -- Every race and ethnicity has bad apples. Just as Boss said a utopian society will never exist.

I think if there were one true thing written within the Bible it would be the phrase that eluded to a people imperfect. There may be no 'god' to fall short of the glory of, but I'll be damned if I've ever met a perfect person, furthermore one I believed could be trained to be such. I'm great evidence of this myself. lol

You can say well, we'll have so much silicon in our heads in 300 years we'll be as perfect as robots. That's a debate as old as robots in hollywood. lol Every human is flawed and does flawed things. We of course assign a scale to this and try to judge where each indiscretion falls. I believe if I were to have computer chips in my head, the hands and machines that made them would still be made by men and as such flawed themselves.

Now here's something you can probably laugh about. I used to laugh when my grandmother told me that TV was simply in place to brainwash people and you should be careful what you watch. At 25 I'm starting to believe her more and more.

How many people -- including my girlfriend sit in front of the TV all day watching brainless Tv shows. One of them made by --- you guessed it ''mindless entertainment.'' gee I wonder WHY tf they call it that.

You hear about candidates like Ron Paul for a brief while (talking about the media here folks) then in a VERY short period of time they dig up some dirt on them without asking any of the right questions, manipulate the story and suddenly you stop hearing about -that- candidate.

The media has narrowed down the popular opinion before people even start to vote. Call me crazy. Now I won't sit here and tell you I know who's telling who to say what, or if that's even the case, because I dont'.

Honestly though, who doesn't feel like the media doesn't just give information anymore, they shape it, and mold it and let be seen what they feel should be seen --- and what not, not.

Go digging on youtube..some stuff still exists there. Someone's always trying to make the right things heard. Look for a PC with Bush shortly before his innauguration. Its a bit of an eye opener if its still around.

yah know pete....

67 posts • Page 4 of 7