money making addiction????? is it possable???

68 posts • Page 3 of 7

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

gumbii

by gumbii

lol...

and we all know peter likes it...

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

hahahahahahahaha

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Hahahahahahhaa. I like my beautiful black bitch better! Men bore me and most gay men are sexually immature. Besides, the idea of another mans stinky butt doesn't turn me on.

I also like to be disease free. From what I've been told by numerous gay male clients is that most go bareback, and I like to be able to be honest and be able to tell a woman that I'm low risk. I don't get how guys can screw each other without protection when there is such a high percentage of HIV positive guys out there. It's like Russian roulet and I don't see the point given that I have such an amazingly hot GF.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

And Gumbii. How are you gonna cop a feel if I can't come over?

I drove my son to the airport today and I'm a little sad. It's good that he's gone and I now have more time for my own life, but I'll miss him. I was his primary parent till he was 6 and I went back to school. I let his mom take him to NM and I basically lost my primary parent status, but at least I was there to help him be who he is today, a great kid with a love for science and nature. I want him back when he's a teenager and I have some land, a big n-scale train empire, another catameran, and $$$ to travel. I grew up on 50 acres in upstate NY and it was there that I learned the meaning of hard work. I'd like something like that for him when I get back on my feet financially.

I have a great pic of my GF on my cell but I'm too stupid with this tech stuff to send it to my e-mail. She's got a big smile on her face and she's standing and nude, but it isn't innapropriate. Just totally beautiful.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

PK, i had a brief meeting with this guy about the hydro green houses . .he's going out to Nevada to meet with the main company that started this process .... .i need to figure out the basics on useing the green house plants as filtration for the tilapia tanks - - mainly how big a tank with how many fish need how much plant area to be a balanced filter system..................im sure for example two 4 foot wide runs 20 feet long would support say a 500 gallon tank with 50 small fish, my issue comes when they grow up..........................am i making sense????? lol it's hard to describe something in my head as theory..................i guess water parameters would be the only gauge i'll have until i get a few growing and life cycles under my belt eh? - - i guess im asking for opinions on safe starting points X amount of fish vs's X amount of plant area for ecample.....................................................?????

right now i'm looking at 2-3 smaller systems as opposed to a large green house \, because of room and terrain on my property - - plus i can do a couple different set ups at the same time to see which works the best
Snowboss

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Boss: I think you may be under estimating the biological capacity of the roots of a hydroponic system a llittle bit and could have more fish with 2 4 by 8 tables of plants.

I have a large elephant ear plant growing in the circulating water of my fountain and the density and proliferation of the roots leads me to believe that there is plenty of surface area for biological bacteria. I broke a tomato stem with tomatoes and flowers attached and I diped the stem in root tone and it's growing fine in the fountain with tonnes of roots.

I think your biggest issue will be providing a balanced concenration and profile of the fertiliser flowing through the system that isn't toxic to fish (Mirical Grow is toxic to fish). I'd use aquarium or pond fert to balance the ratios of nutrients. I'd have the plants growing so that all the roots are dangling in the water and there is a constant current.

I had a friend who was growing weed hydroponicaly and he anchored the plants roots in that fiber stuff aquarium plants often come in. That stuff may be good for starting your plants but it may restrict the root system when the plants mature, so I would tear most of that stuff off the roots and simply dangle the plants in the water with cuffs or something. This also guarantees that there is no stagnation which may occur if the roots are confined in a fiberous "soil" of sorts. Maybe you could use those blocks of fiber stuff and alow the main roots to grow out of the bottom and into the water. It's important not to stunt the growth of the roots which might happen if the fiber blocks are placed on a flat surface prior to hanging the plants in water. I'd set up the blocks so that the roots can grow directly into the water when they leave the block.

I'd also have a series of tanks starting from a fry tank, a juvinile tank, a bigger juvinile tank, a breeding tank, and a "holding" tank where the males are removed and the females can nurture their fry without them being in danger.

I'd let the females hold until she lets them out, and then transfer to the fry tank, and then you will have a continuously running system.

I'd say that the more stages you can provide with similar age tlapia the easier it will be to manage and produce good quality tilapia filets.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

ill get better info on ferts and chems from my friend when he gets back.......im basically takeing his idea and shrinking it down...i know in their large green houses the plants are suspended in a stirofoam looking board and they float on a 4 foot wide "river" about 8 inches deep the length of the house [they have 72 foot houses} they run the plants in groups of ten boards - -then in a few days they add another ten boards then again and again - - -as the boards move down the "river" they get moved over to the next river and work their way back up another "river" at the end they get harvested, ten boards at a time...........or depending on the growth rate they run some fast growing plants down and back and then slower growth plants go into another down and back cycle in the next set of "rivers"

from what i can see they inject fish water into the system at different intervals of the rivers through a series of valves and then the ends of the rivers are returns to the tanks

I'm thinking of a 4 river system in a 20 foot long house with a smaller maybe 15x15 building next to it on another level of the yard, i can use gravity to feed either the house or the tank building depending on which side i put it on, with a series of tanks then i can bury lines to and from and move water anywhere i want with piping and valves

sound like a plan???? lol interesting process, so much to learn

Boss

gumbii

by gumbii

barebacking is gross... i haven't been with one guy that does that... that's BS... your clients were probably flaming gay... i like big masculine burly/hairy men... most of them are health nuts and workout at the gym... so they protect themselves like crazy..

not all gay people are sex driven maniacs... i have a boyfriend right now, and we spend more time doing couple stuff than going at it with angry manseckts...

gumbii

by gumbii

and i'm sorry about your kid peter... and the hoaxing... but srsly... right now it just isn't the time for me to have company... i just got in trouble with my social workers and my cousin's staying over a night... sucks...

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Boss: That sounds pretty high tech. I've had some kind of flue or something so my brain isn't ready to grasp what you just wrote. I've been puking, I have a sore throat, and a terrible headach allong with aches all over.

Gumbii: I'm glad to know you are playing it safe. I've had a lot of clients who have been with their partners for like 15 years and that's pretty admirable. I guess I have met some flaming freaks during the time I worked in West Hollywood. I don't pretend to understand other people that much. I'm just happy I am disease free and don't have to use rubbers with my GF.

Damn. I don't get sick like this very often. I feel like I've been drinking way way too much alcohol, and I've had none. I had to cancel on my date last night. That sucks. Everything hurts. I wanted to give my GF a nice long massage last night for her birthday, then have some great sex, and then curl up and cuddle all night. Maybe if I feel better today I'll take her out to lunch.

money making addiction????? is it possable???

68 posts • Page 3 of 7