"You know you're fishy when..."

24 posts • Page 2 of 3

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

...When you want to set up tanks for all of your family and friends so that they can become addicts too.

darkruby

by darkruby

I think your fishy when you spend time answering posts like these. lots of fun and entertainment! No really, this is fun and entertaining.
We are all fishy.

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

Peter and Sumthin -
I looked at craigslist and considered other places as well, and was tempted. But I'm new and had no idea what many of the advertised items were, how they worked, or if I even needed them. It was more practical to buy new stuff that came with instructions and things that I could return if it wasn't right.

I'm pretty comfortable now buying used but wound up buying my last tank new anyway because I insisted on a glass bow front with black trim, black cover, squeaky clean and perfect condition! People on craigslist (as people do) aren't always objective about their stuff. People who said their tank *matched* my ad description would send a picture and it be rectangle, caked with hard water stains and brown trim...pealing off. After weeks of that the price of a new tank didn't seem so bad.

Zambize

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Yea,......You-don't-want-to-spend-money-on-a-used-tank-if-there's-scratches-on-it.......I'll-buy-a-tank-if-only-one-side-is-scratched-as-I'll-just-make-it-the-back.

When-I-bought-the-truck-load-of-stuff-I-was-only-going-for-the-100-gallon-tank-priced-at-$240......It-was-only-when-I-got-there-that-I-found-out-I-had-to-take-all-of-the-guys-stuff.

I-think-you're-fishy-when-you-put-your-face-really-close-to-the-tank-and-open-and-close-your-mouth-like-a-fish-pretending-you're-one-of-them....Fish-like-that....Try-and-see-by-leting-yourself-stay-there-for-a-while-and-tipping-your-head-periodically.

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

*hand raised* guilty. and bobbing up and down like your moving with the motion of the current....cant argue with the laughs.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

LMAO....i do the same thing with my clowns...they come to the front of the glass and the famly gets a big laugh at me bobbing up and down with them....they even follow my fingars now ..........................Boss

gumbii

by gumbii

2 g's in two months... holy shite that's a wholelotta cash...

so far... i spent about 300 bucks on my 90g tank... no it's not running yet... but it's all complete except for the hood... i'll post pics on the other forum when i'm done... but i got all of the essentials and filtration/circulation is all over exsagerated... my LFS told me that all of that could handle 400 gallons of tank... lol... oh well...

why buy when you could D.I.Y....

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

My girlfriend just got me this great 30 gallon hex for my birthday...yeah I've spent triple the cost of the tank in a bare minimum of supplies since then (4 days ago)....I'm just so freaking impatient I can't even wait for online deals to be shipped. I'd rather drive 50 miles. Example....30.8lbs of flourite sand online $42 -with- shipping (why the @!$% do they need special handling for a BAG OF DIRT?!)

I paid about $65 for the two bags at a LFS 50 mi away. Yes, I'm an idiot.

gregt8

by gregt8

lol me to my girlfriend gets well annoyed she thinks i like the fish more than her and why have convicts got such a bad reputation for been nasty mine lives with gouramis severums tigerbarbs rainbows clownloaces n some red spotted gudgeon n he neva has a nip at any of them :S maby cos iv only got one??

gregt8

by gregt8

yeh you pay 300 pounds for the tank then hav to buy all the shit to go in it alot of money lol

"You know you're fishy when..."

24 posts • Page 2 of 3