Where is everybody????????

105 posts • Page 1 of 11

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

ok people...I'm tired of seeing my name on all these posts.... i love talking tanks of anykind.....so please post away so i dont feel like such a forum hog.....lol

Snowboss

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

we left cuz ure a forum hog snowboss!!!!! hehehe, but don't worry, i'm a fellow hog

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

II don't have any real issues with the way this forum is run and I don't have a camera and have little to say about taking pics, though I wish I did. That's the reason I don't post much outside of the freshwater tank forum, but as far as I figure I'm a hog there. I think this website is getting faster and that's good.

snowboss

by snowboss

well ....i guess I'll keep running my yap until somebody tells me to shut up then.....lol

hey sponge....theres plenty of internet for us both the hog..lol.......love the hobby, love chattin with you people..........Boss

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Bla bla bla bla bla. I'm a damned nerd. Don't have much to say unless it's about something technical. I'm filling my USD 10 gallon finally. Slowly but surely.

I'm feeding my gars by hand now and they're like wrestling alligators! I have to watch my fingers cause they'll draw blood. They're insatiable! Always begging for food and snapping their jaws.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

dang...i'd love t see them in person...they sound like incredable creatures ...how big are they and how big will they get? your pics are good ...they look like prehistoric monsters....lol....prolly cause they are closely related to some type of prehistoric "somethingsuarus" I'm sure eh?..................Boss

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Actually they are pretty prehistoric. They're an ancient fish that need to come to the surface to gulp air into their air bladder, which functions like a primitive lung. They have gills but are able to live in very oxygen poor water.

They are like the sturgeon in terms of their being a primitive species of fish, and are kind of a menace to anglers in the south because of their voracious fish eating nature. They're related to the alligator gar which gets up to ten feet long and has been known to eat dogs and possibly even human babies!!! Florida Spotted gars are the most striking and beautiful of all the gars in my opinion and I've been waiting for years to get some. My aquarium store had them last year and I've never seen them avaliable since. They're not recommended for most aquarists due to their adult size as you can imagine.
They get about 3-4 feet in the wild and usually stay about 18 inches in captivity, I hope!!

gumbii

by gumbii

i'm hardly here because i hardly have time... i got court tomorrow, and thursday i got to go get a HIV/STD test... lol... how embarrasing... or else i can't get any... hahahasdk;lfjasdkl;fhaskldfjasf...

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

i hope the two arent related

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Gumbii. You're a nut!!! LOL!

105 posts • Page 1 of 11