Tonights murky water presents....

26 posts • Page 1 of 3

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Wellll I had someone tell me to put a plant in my tank but I'd already done that. But as you all know that's never enough. Another trip to the river and I came up with something that worked alright. I added 25 lbs. of sand to have a lil beach area and some old driftwood my girlfriend found while I picked up another 30 lbs of rock to distribute to my three tanks! Wow what work it is but sooooo worth it in the end!
fcb03-0061.jpg
5e022-8.jpg

findingjohn

by findingjohn

I like the driftwood. Keep up the good work.

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

Very nice drift wood! Wish i had a beach nearby so i could collect some myself!

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

You took sand from a river?
I never heard of anyone doing that.
I am the one who said put a plant in your tank.
So, what kind of plants are they, and did you pull them from the river?

dream2reef

by dream2reef

lmao no and yes. I put 3 bamboo and an onion. Got some shitty bulbs from petco not doin much. But again I don't have proper lighting I'm just tryin shit out. Bamboo are pretty hardy so we'll see. The driftwood I found on the way to a job site. Actually was just looking to update rocks and bam there it was. If only you could see the actual thing. It's around 20 inches high by 9 by 11 wow it's a great find! Bet petland would charge 80+ with their overpriced ass. I think I'll start building stands and selling rock by the pound?
1a421-005.jpg

dream2reef

by dream2reef

I had to put 3 heavy rocks on top of the one on the left and 2 on the right. Hope they sink soon I can't wait to move em. Perfect breeding ground! Only the fit survive!

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

Bamboo does not do well submerged and the driftwood could take years to sink.
IMO, I would take that piece of building out, as it does not go along with your theme any longer.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

That's odd? Hydroponics doesn't work anymore? Did they stop putting bamboo in betta tanks? It was dying anyway jus sayin I didn't really care about it jus sayin annnnnd I love bamboo jus sayin. Oh yea and you're right about that building if ya want it you can have it. I like you.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Those rocks are pretty heavy and I checked it and it already sank idk?

jdak702

by jdak702

Hydroponics doesn't mean the whole plant is submerged. Betta bowls allow the plant to stick out of the water.

26 posts • Page 1 of 3