tank decided

29 posts • Page 1 of 3

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Snowboss4492

tank decided

by Snowboss4492

well i went and looked at my friends tank he's selling and i think i bought it

a clear for life 1/2 inch acrylic

200 gallon uni-quarium

20x24x96 in with three returnpumps totalling 2500 gallons per hour

i didn't take any pics because it's still all wrapped up in his basement, but i'll be picking it up by the end of the month {december} hopefully to get it framed into the new house - - -then you'll be sick of all the pics i'll be posting.....lol

Boss

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

thats awesome man i am excited for you...... you know i say a guy in the restaurant tonight that i thought was you.... looked alot like you

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

lol - - -i need to get back out there for a visit .but sorry wasn';t me bud

yeah thanks ...im all trippin on getting this foundation in so i can start framing the house - - -thats latin for starting my new tank project ...LMAO

schigara

by schigara

Nice! Excellent tank size. Mind me asking how many bones are changing hands for this tank?

What are your plans for that baby?

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

hurry up and get that house built so u can get that tank started.... at this rate you will it all set up before i get all the equip for mine!

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

he paid 2400 for the tak plus shipping, it came with a small crck in the top, so they sent a repair kit, he denied it and said he wanted his money back and in the interum of waiting for an answer ended up buying a 300 gallon setup - - -so for some reason, they sent a set of 3 new pumps then the new 300 and gave him full credit on the 200 ...............

about 2 months later he called and said hey im not paying to ship this "damaged" tank back to you - - - -so a couple days later they called and told him to just destroy the tank and throw it in a dumpster ....Devon was like ...."Um ..........ok"

so it'sbeen in his basement since then

i got it and the three unopened 2500GPH return pumps for 1300

i just got an email with a quote on the same tank with the 3 pumps delivered to my door ...........................................4895.63

AND ......devon said i could take the tank when ever i want it and just pay him when i have some extra cash here and there {i don't like being in debt to people but it's sure gonna help upfront right now with things as tight as they are}

fish people are good people

Im so stoked

Boss

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

i wished i actually made money.... sometiems i think they pay me in pesos........

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

plans plans plans, oh man

right now i'd trying to figure out how i could do like a 3 foot reef with a 2-3 foot open area for open swimmers and then just live rock at the other end - - so i can consentrate heavy lighting in one area and mild lighting at the other end - - it'll be a FO/FOWLR/REEF......lol

ive thought about a halide pendant on a powered track that would travel from one end to the other and back in a 8 hour cycle

build my own live rock structures ?

SCWD? - -SCD? - - -undersand return jets?

i would like some showling [sp] fish - - i don't want big fish

i will have a tank room in the basement with a 55 gallon fuge - - {ill need some help there shigara}

omg my brain hurts.....lol

im sure ill have 300 more ideas by monday but im always open to suggestions

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

boss........ i severly hope youre planning on using cash to pay for all of this and not a credit card....... id hate for them to take up your new house cuz you spent more money than u had on a fish tank...

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

all cash .. i have 2 credit cards for my company that i havnt used in over a year and am paying off to cut up and myself and my wife dont have any - - its hard sometimes because this world runs on credit cards but we use our bank check cards like credit cards - -but if we dont have it we dont spend it - - - anymore - -we are in debt from our pasts but we are slowly eliminating all that

im building a 250,000 dollar house with 90,000 dollars - -because we waited and collected things and we are doing 90% of the work - - - sad thing when my rent is 300 bucks a month more than my mortgage payment

tank decided

29 posts • Page 1 of 3