tank decided

29 posts • Page 3 of 3

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

You know I saw something that does that.....My lfs has one on its live rock tank. Its a single 250 mh on a track that goes back and forth......But it only has two modes. fast and slow. haha. I have heard GREAT things about using MH/PC/VHO combonations. Without all the differnt lights.......your fish and corals are sure to love it. What are you planning on using for calcium and alkalinity?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

http://www.mdhydro.com/lightrail.html

Thats the light that he has on his 90 long live rock tank. His rocks are a beautiful purple. You can get extensions there.....or you can get something to slow the motor to make it run slower. I think its the smart box.....but not sure. Its a pretty sweet idea, for sure. Talk about simulating the sun......Put a 400 in there on a arched track.....Ugh.......boss.....thats going to be a cool toy!!!!

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

other than the speed...thats exactly what i wanna do.........thanks man

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

Boss, lol the wife will thank me..lmao you are going this far, make things easy..monitor/controler, might as well add a few more hundred to the list..hehe

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Boss.......what if you turned on the light rail every hour..for half a minute. It would move it slightly........every hour. Giving you the full effect over the rail. Then at night.......you could put it on a cycle to the other side while the MH is off..... so the (sun) rises in the same place in the morning. Damn I impress myself. haha jk jk

gomezpcs

by gomezpcs

Hey guys, I love this website and all, but I recently created a new Forum at www.gomezcoral.com It is an alternate place to meet for those of us NOOBs who need help from time to time!! Of course continue to meet here a ratemyfishtank, but join us anyway!

Those of you who join and start posting will be made MODERATORS and have privileges. I figure the first 50 - 100 who join will demonstrate the love of Aquatica because you are willing to become a part of a new FORUM, I WILL give you guys MODERATOR stats for this reason. Join up guys! Thanx! www.gomezcoral.com

bigwillcast

by bigwillcast

"i wished i actually made money.... sometiems i think they pay me in pesos........"

God, do I agree with that statement. $7.80 an hour just doesn't cut a fish tank habit.

and god does that sound sweet boss. I actually have a question about that surround sound cuz I plan on doing something very similar. You don't think the vibration from the sounds will stress the fish out?!

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

good point ....hadn't thought that far ahead.............my main concern was sealing the enlosure for the TV off so that the high humidity from the tank wouldn't wreak havoc on the electronics - - -so a little more thought as to sound vibration will have to be addressed - - - i may just flush mount the speakers in the ceiling in front of the "stand" so they aren't physically in the tank area....

good thoughts bigwill

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

just get outdoor recessed speakers.......then you dont have to worry about it.

tank decided

29 posts • Page 3 of 3