cuda

67 posts • Page 2 of 7

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

jweb1369

by jweb1369

Lots of light for a cuda does sound odd... I'm not sure what they base that info on. They spend most of their time out of the light underneath objects waiting to ambush. I would say that normal light would be fine. I have been diving before and seen 5' baracudas. When I went to the keys there was a 3' one hanging out under our boat. If you catch a fish they tear it to pieces before you can reel it up. I would make sure there are spots for him to hide and open swimming areas as well. They tend to hang out on the edge of cover and open water.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Cudas are no fish to play with. treat him with respect....or off with your finger. When my dad and I go diving in the keys....we watch for cudas........not shark. These guys are mean as hell. make sure you have NOTHING shiny on if you put your hand in that tank. I wouldnt keep him in anything less than 250 gallons......These guys like to swim, and swim fast. Jweb is right! i caught a tuna in the keys........and when it got to the boat all that was left was the head.....a 12" high head. and the hook was still in the mouth. sounds like a fish story......but i promise you its true. hope he stays small for you!

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

well im hope he isent to fast of a growing fish. im in hopes of haveing my own house by the end of winter and there will be a custom 5 to 600 gallen tank being made in my basement for guys like him. thanks so much for the info i will be bilding a cave for him tomaro. he was kept in a 90 gallen reef set up at the lfs with tons of rock and was happy so i will try and simulat that. i just love it wel some one asks and and i can say yes i have the devil of the sea lol. :)

jweb1369

by jweb1369

Yea if you have to move stuff around in the tank I suggest using a tank divider. I remember one of the scariest dives I went on was to set the anchor line for our dive charter boat business we owned. As I was going down to secure the line there was a 5-6 foot cuda. I was like okay, I'm not gonna mess with you if you don't mess with me, lol. I was 15 years old when I had that job. I miss it very much, I was the deck hand and anchor setter.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Sounds like a dream job! Where can I sign up!?!?!?before you put your hand in there make sure hes well fed at least! :)

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

Lion,

keep the site posted every once in a while, this sounds like an awsome lil fella, Dangerous as hell, but awsome none the less, lol

also - -I'll be starting a custom plywood tank in my new house soon, so by spring i wil have my well established 20 gallon long tank empty of critters - -i have been entertaining a single lion fish, do they do well by themselves and is a 20 long enough tank for one lion?

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

what kind of lion is it? it all depends on size my 3 are in a 55 but thay are small at 6 inches. with good filtartion and a few hiding spots as long as it isent over like 4 inches it will do good. i had 2 in a 30 and thay got huge spike was 10 inches at with fins open and two tone was about 12(my thay rest in peace)

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

o all most forgot the cuda still isent eating but he is still new to his home and not very smart i had to put blue tape on one part of the tank so he would stop thinking he could swim throu it. hoping to got more live rock tomaro for him.

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

here you go i got a pic of him up check my profile im not shour how to link it.

jweb1369

by jweb1369

Well you have to live in florida or near good dive spots. Then you go find someone who runs trips and tell them you wanna be a deck hand. You don't make any money from the business except what you get in tips.

cuda

67 posts • Page 2 of 7