cuda

67 posts • Page 4 of 7

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

here he is at 4 week. doing awsome eating like a champ. he is realy skiddish. but has lerned the tank well hids behind plats and dost bash into glass anymore. tell me what you think of the set up. i tryed to mimic nater as much as i can. he is under an true atinic and loving it i thought the dimer lite would com him down and it did alot. he seams to injoy it comepared to the standerd bulb that was on it. lots of water changes but i will be gitting bigger filter soon.
0dc03-DSC_0011.JPG
1fc2d-DSC_0002.JPG

fihsboy

by fihsboy

You should get a koralia 8 and put it in there. let it turn on for about 10 minutes every other hour. Give him some exercise. :)

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

holy hell an 8? haha

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Well consider what they are used to in the wild. Its like giving a track runner thats stuck in a box a treadmill. he would appreciate it.

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

soumds like an awsome idea. but here is my question what happens if he gits out of the current wont he ram the glass at mock 3? to me it sound like bilding a slingshot? what you think? it kinda wories me for two reasons A. he might kill himself and B. he might kill my tank by shatering the glass.

p.s. i think 3200 gph is a bit excesive

snowboss

by snowboss

LMAO. i'd pay money to see that..............sorry

i don't think he would do that unless he's just retarded, but a couple things you could do is give him something to help with depth perseption........so he knows where the end of the tank is - - -some rocks, a backgound, something so the end of the tank doesn't look like its an exit, you know?
and you could get some acrylic and build a bracket so the powerhead hangs in the middle of the tank or something so he has some slow down room if he does shoot out of the current like a rocket ................like the run off at the end of a drag strip...........ooo.....oooo....oooo give him a little tiny parachute to slow down with ......lol

i hope he doesn't knock himself out or hurt your tank, but it would be funny as hell to see something like that happen ....you would win 10G on AFV in a second with footage of that........good luck with the missle man

Boss

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

lmao thanks for all the suport there boss you just want to see it hit the glass at mock 5. i got a powerhead in there right know that is punping aroud 250 gph. and i had to put blue elictricol tape on the one half of the tank already so he would stop hitting it. right know i need to save up some cash to git my 75 up and running so i can tranfer my lions over to it. but i will be gitting one of those powerheads soon. i am real happy that this post has been filled with ideas this fish has been a very nice adition to my research. and i hope it is being a good refrence point for others.:)

snowboss

by snowboss

absolutley .....good job man !!!

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Im rolling on the floor right now thinking about a cuda raming into your tank and going straight through at mach 5. Okay 3250gph may be a little excessive. But you catch my drift.(literally) A nice strong flow would keep him healthy and strong. I told my dad about your tank......and hes like Thats awesome hes got a barracuda.....whats his tank like 30 feet long? Then he was talkin about how you should go get some live bait maybe some feeder shrimp or something to throw in there. A few live ballihoo. It would be a nice addition as well. He could eat when ever he wants lol. No joke.....these things are INSANE to catch in the keys. Throw a ballihoo out in the water and if a cuda hits....it fights harder than a 50-75lb shark. I still like your tank by the way.

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

i have tryed shrimp(live and frozen) and silversides but the olny thing he will feed off from are live moveing fish and it tacks about 30 secends to git his atention so i am limited to goldfish because of the area i live. pluse dude i live in weastern newyork how the hell am i going to git my hands on those kind of fish lol. as he grows the tank will git bigger. i cant stress that enuf.

cuda

67 posts • Page 4 of 7