cuda

67 posts • Page 3 of 7

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

i don't have the lion yet, im just researching the possability ..................the total oposite plan is to do a seahorse tank.................

fihsboy

by fihsboy

thats like night and day boss. Monsters or butterflys? but I understand. Both are increadible in there own ways. I live in florida and live about 10 minutes from Jax Beach. We dont really have a lot of coral reef out here....our boy scouts are dropping concrete reef balls to encourage the growth but its not full blown yet. :)

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

thats cool ....i like to see people trying to take care of the oceans.....damn tree huggers just wanna take care of things that people can see so they can get a pat on the back - - - "look what I did"

Boss's Disclaimer: not all environmentalists are tree huggers - - - before anyone gets their panties in a wad.........lol

fihsboy

by fihsboy

haha nice. There is a lot of mixed emotion about the drilling here in florida........Most of the coral reef is where the oil is and its a main attraction to south florida. Yeah we have Mickey,hot beaches,nascar, and the space shuttle......But the florida keys is the fishing capital of the world. as well as one of the best places to see some gorgeous coral reef. If they drill..........they need to do it responsibly....

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

well boss i posted this im not to shour if you are disagreeing on the fish being in a home tank. but the chance to git the cuda out of a 55 loaded with rock into an open tank so it can swim.and isent the reason we keep reef to show it off? i got this fish for me not to show it off or git a pat on the back but for my own reserch i asher you that he will be going in a much bigger tank as he grows. as well as would you like it to go into a newbes hands that has no idea how to keep fish in the first place? if i wanted to throw away 130$ on a fish that will die from to much stress i would have bought the nerse shark thay had. and for an up date he is doing good i had to trade in the piuffer i had because it was bugging the cuda he has setteled down alot. i was hope to yous this post as a aid for people to lern about them and not to congrats me on have it.

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

or did i misunderstand the preveus post as not a problum with a person owning the cuda but the depletion of reefs im sarry if i mis understud. lol i havent had a day off in over a week and i work 10 hour shift so please for give me :(

fihsboy

by fihsboy

ur the man. Im impressed with your challenge. I have a reef tank for the same reason......to learn and help educate people I know. Its a pretty amazing piece of nature! And to be able to re create something like that in your home is increadible! I think your cuda is in the right hands....We have all seen the rich ass holes who just buy fish and then let die and think nothing of it........your not one of those people. I was just saying that I know everyone wants to drill....I do too.....but they need to do it carefully........to support everything that people on this site believe in. We all obviously have a love for fish somewhere in us and if they drill without responsibilty....its really going to destroy our underwater ecosystem.

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

i could not agre with you more i hat to see them drill and find an alteritiv fuel sorce but in the same idea it is going to cost us as citizons a fortion in the mean time. if thay drill i dont see y thay cant take extra percations to keep reef safe of destruction and aid in helping in rebilding it. and for the recerd tree hugger sounds like a weird fetish for trees lol i perfer envirmentolist or aquatic preservation.:)

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

here is your up date guy's that care he is doing awsome feeds like a champ. and for thos that have never seen them feed it is a site to behold. when he is feeding insted of taking in a ton of water to suck up his pray he just opens his mouth and go's full steam ingolfing the fish. i wish i had a video cam so i could show you. his tank mate is doing real well to (10 inch marboled cat shark) i put in a ton of macro alge to control the phosphats in the tank and try to mimic his natural inverment. lots of open space and good ground cover. if anyone has an idea of gitting a cuda make shour you put something on the sides of the tanks so he can tell there is a wall there and dont hert himself. i lerned this the hard way but his nose is healing well almost cant tell how bad it was anymore. :)

gumbii

by gumbii

i'm not reading anything posted before this...

these are fish that people love as a small pet, and then they grow out of control... these guys grow fast... really fast... so i recomend giving him back, or getting him a 2000g tank... srsly... my friend in west LA has a couple of 3,000g tanks and he has a couple of them... and they are still sad looking... in nature, they travel from reef to reef and need to migrate every once in a wile... that's like trying to house .... asjdklfjasdkl;fjasdfajsdfk.

whatever...

good luck...

cuda

67 posts • Page 3 of 7