Do I have enough bacteria in my tank?

23 posts • Page 3 of 3

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

zambize

by zambize

Peter, yes, those are artificial plants and several people have commented on how real they look. I'm a newbie, I don't know these things, but I do know what looks good. I really think it's mostly in color/height selection and placement. It seems like most artificial tanks have too few plants and they are too spread out.

I bought 90% of the plants at PetsMart and PetCo, and if I'm choosy I can find nice ones there. Sometimes they are hiding on the end cap, and I found several ground cover type plants on an end cap under "Betta Plants". They look real and even move with the current. I'm really focused on having a natural look, but I'm way too new to try real plants. Maybe some day. When I posted my tank I didn't realize that the category said "mostly" planted (or something like that). I have no real plants.

Zambize

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

did u take some water tests?

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I'm just a nut for real plants as I like to see them evolve over time. I recently added a co2 system and a better light, but you can easily grow many plants with cheap lights and no added co2.

Do I have enough bacteria in my tank?

23 posts • Page 3 of 3