Bubbles

15 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

dick_headers

by dick_headers

Ask them if they have central filtration.( same water in every tank they have) If they do, you can acclimate them together. If not, you have to do it separately. Don't worry if you acclimate them together, they won't harm each other. Whenever you introduce fishes at the same time, they usually won't hurt each other.. Sometimes even between species that won't get along on regular bases.. Good luck to your new ones.. 3 at the time? I don't know about that..

snowboss

by snowboss

i know 3 seems like a lot to be adding at once...good thing is they are small...main reason is shipping...with the last go round I ended up with them shipping the complete order again {on them} and I am in need of the blenny.....but yes normally I would never add 3 fish at one time ....thanks for the advise ... on the phone with right now...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Ok .......they do use central filtration on there "sale stock tanks" they quarentine them for 2-4 weeks and then move them to sale tanks for stock.....so he said yes it would be ok to drip acclimate them all at the same time.........I am going to take my time and do it a little longer than normal just as a precaution...wish me luck, lol ...I'll post results later tonight...hopefully happy ones, Boss {how'd the project go?}

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

well....everything seemed to go well with the acclimation, the clowns are lil fellas [bout 3/4 inch and 1 inch respectively] very active ...ate already and all 3 of them are now trying to claim their space.....lol clowns fighting is almost hard to take sieriously....... the big one has already been named MO the lil ones ahve yet to be named
The Blenny is pretty calm....jyst kinda hanging out in the back corner....I think he'll take a day or two before starting to explore.....he moves around once in a while and looks very healthy....normal breathing, no wierd movements or anything....pretty fair size at 3 inches ....he has been named Jack ......yes Jack Blenny which will make no sense to you young people....lol so far so good....wish me luck Night all....Snowboss

dick_headers

by dick_headers

Good luck Boss, hope it'll work out fot ya'. I'm not into the wood prgress yet, but sooner or later i will.. Probably later..lol. Good night.. I'm happy for you, and I'll cross my fingers tonigth... DH

snowboss

by snowboss

all fish are alive and happy!!!!!!!! small things right, lol - -hey what do i feed the blenny if he doesn't like or get enough algae? I hate seeing gobies and blennies that are imaciated all the time because people don't give them enough to eat.....I think because of their food requirements these fish should be more towards the intermiediate care levels rather than beginner just because they are tough......I can't believe those lil clowns are getting along already - - -oh yeah they too are picky eaters....i'm feeding flakes {which they almost laugh at} and Misys shrimp {which they will pick at occasionally} so any suggestions there would be great as well........see ya, Boss

Bubbles

15 posts • Page 2 of 2