why me????

19 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Snowboss4492

why me????

by Snowboss4492

Crap !!! I finally got my new fish acclimated yesterday after a psyco trip through the mail - - i don't think the snails are going to make it, but ill give em a day or two to see what they do.....the clowns are doing great!!!!! but today my my daughters boyfriend {seirial32 on the fresh side} calls me and askes if my tank is supposed to be at 70 degrees? AAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHH - -I had unplugged some stuff to do the acclimation and left the heater unplugged all night - - I took the two smaller filters out when I got home tonight and put all the mech pieces into a bigger Hagen 110 HOB filter so I had to add about 1 1/2 gallons of water to the system --- so i used a little warmer water - - -man im trying hard to kill these lil fellas dispite myself...lol Boss

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

boss your having a bad day like me i come home from school and gaze deeply into my tank and sea the dreaded saltwater ick in a reef tank, tear

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

wow..wtf bud..my temp droped before to 69 and fish and corals lived.. hope you have the same luck!!

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

man - -that sucks, sorry to hear that............now i'll really piss ya off - -without a doubt according to your profile you have easily twice as many fish in that tank as you should - - i would immeadiately address filtration double or triple it if possable - - thin down the hard to keep specimins i.e the manderian although beautiful, very hard to keep, i bet he's not a happy fishie, lol i con't speak to a cure for ich other than some water changes and get the bioload balanced - -im sure others with more kowledge than I can help with specific treatment for the one you have infected....Good luck bud......i hope to read good things in the next week or so from you, Snowboss

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

see i was all ways wondering that but the thing is i check my lvls almost everyday and i never get anything above normal i had the impression that you should really only have 1 fish for every 10g and I included my sump into that calculation so i have around 100g so i should be allowed to keep 10 fish happy and with my weakly 10% water changes. what do you think

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

10 % water change in a regular maint cycle is perfect...... I've never heard the sump being figured in althougb i could be wrong for fish stocking - -my opinion is "a 4 person household requires a 1000 gallon septic tank - - if i put a 2000 gallon septic tank that doesn't mean 8 people will fit in my house" make sense? - - also I try to figure stocking by how much each fish needs ...for example a tang requires A LOT more room to swinn around than say a blenny - - so how does the 1 fish per 10 gallon figure fit there? {I'm asking, as I don't know} these are just my thoughts and opinions - -very good people in here though listen and make an informed choice on action bud....Boss

frmnutn2sumtn

by frmnutn2sumtn

HANG IN THERE BOSS...although you might have scared me away from buying online lol

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

well i want to stress the service and product from liveaquaria is beyond description - -i had a bad deal with the shipper ......starts with Fed and ends with Ex, lol - -liveaquaria has already creadited me for the snails and I have 13 more days on the clowns ....So I still stand behind them and will buy from them again for sure, Boss

frmnutn2sumtn

by frmnutn2sumtn

good to know

dick_headers

by dick_headers

Heads up Boss, the future's bright a head. Do me a favor man... Next time try petsolutions. You'll be able to set up the deliver day, the way you want to. UPS rules...

why me????

19 posts • Page 1 of 2