why me????

19 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

snowboss

by snowboss

i have credits to deal with, with live aquaria ...but i will give petsolutions a try on the next fish

hate to even report this and I want to stress that liveaquaria was at the mercy of the shipper as much as i was and they are standing behind their guarentee but i just lost one of the clowns as well....about 15 minutes ago....

I didn't check it with a thermomitor but im sayin the shipping water ended up being close to 50 degrees by the time fedex got em here the heat pak was all used up - - -that can't be good

a 24 hr shipping schedual turned into close to 72 hrs in transit - - Boss

dick_headers

by dick_headers

Don't get me wrong.. It wasn't their fault.. UPS provides the best services out there... Sorry 'bout your clown. The only thing I don't like about reefscavengers. com is they offer only USPS service nationwide. UPS is for FL residents only. My package will arrive tomorrow... Again, sorry for your loss man. DH

frmnutn2sumtn

by frmnutn2sumtn

boss are you quarentining these fish and are you using the old school acclimation technique??of you are using the old school float the bag technique it may not be good becuase the fish has alreafy undergone so many changes from each touch point. I would quarentine and use the drip acclimation method discussed in the article link on this forum. The float the bad acclimation might be ok if the fish was at your lfs for a while beofre you got him....just some after thoughts good luck boos

dick_headers

by dick_headers

Online purchases require AT LEAST one hour drip accimlation. Most sellers have a central filtration, therefore tanks have the same quality water(mostly). If you order fish and inverts at the time, they'll arrive in two or more separeted plastic bags. After 20 minutes (closed bag,room temperature) I open the bags, and let the creatures together in the same bucket. Again, before I do this I always make sure that the seller used the same water in thier bags. Than I start the drip accimlation. After half an hour I even set up a mini heater in the bucket. I never loss any livestock with this method. AGAIN, AT LEAST AN HOUR!!

snowboss

by snowboss

that's what I did guys, I did float the bags to get them up to temp {about 30 minutes in this case then i put both clowns in a 1 gallon tank and did a 1 hr 45 min drip on them, took half the water out half way through and discarded - -let the drip bring it back up to double the original water and then netted them into the tank - - -the snails I floated, opened the bag - -took one turkey baster of their water out and put one turkey baster of my water in - - every 3-5 minutes for the same time the drip was running - - i didn't put any of their water into my tank other than about one cup when i finally introduced the snails, which was pretty well diluted by that time - - -I really think this particular issue is the poor little guys just spent to much time stressed, cold, and lack of 02 in the bag.........called liveaquaria this morning and they said if the second clown doesn't make it {which he is looking a little pekid} they will reship the complete order at no cost to me - -and continuouslly apologized for the trouble....i am still impressed with them completly, Boss

snowboss

by snowboss

Also - - just a point of interest - - they are in California and I am in NY - - other than Maine ......lol.....you can't ship livestock much farther in the USA - - -so if they can get em to me - - -they can get em anywhere alive....lol

dick_headers

by dick_headers

It was very nice of them. As I said it wasn't their fault. If your next order arrives troublefree just stick with the them, and order all your stuffs from liveaquaria. So by the time you placing you 3rd or 4th order, you can be just as stubborn like myself about Petsolutions, and tell everyone that liveaquaria is the best that you ever dealed with...:-)I mean that's how it works. If you like them ( specially after the way they took goo care of you) stick with them. I bet the next one will be better. BTW..You did a very professional job on accimlation.. WELL DONE SNOWBOSS! Don't be sad, next time will all survive and live happy everafter..AMEN:-)

snowboss

by snowboss

Amen ...i hope so - - and I will be trying petsolutions for sure .......

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

i ordered my magnum filter from petsoulutions,it was missing a few parts but they overnighted them to me. thet sent me more parts then i nedded. so they also have a good customer service....never ordered any thing live though

why me????

19 posts • Page 2 of 2