Possible Fin Rot?? help please

13 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Yea i agree and know all this just got dooped by the LPS fucks. ya know no research impulse buy. I do water changes very frequently the rocks are for a pregnant guppy just for now. He's getting his own 30 with nothing in it soon. I just have to get rid of this piranha first. I'm juggling fish lives it's not fun but a lesson well learned trust me. I'm on the verge of finding right priced glass to build a 125 gal. That should be more then enough for what I want. Then he can go in the 55 or a pond one day. We just got lied to over and over again :( my fault for not checking first.

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

I have read in countless posts about the LFS people screwing you over.
BRING THE FISH BACK.
After you do some research and get your 125G, and your 55, then restock your
tank. No need to be a martyr and juggle the lives of your fish.
I saw a picture of that piranah recently someplace on RMFT, and he also looked
like he was in an inadequate tank.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

yes I agree with stingray...the plycostomus will eventually grow to 7" and the black moor goldfish will grow to 10"...in a 15 gallon tank?

You need a good 75 gallon (50 gallon mininum) in order to keep these 2 fish happy/healthy.

As for fin rot, unless it's such a large tear, pay it little mind, it will heal itself. The problem is, the sore if it is open can get infected. Which in turn breaks down the fish's immune system or the fish does not have the energy to fight off the ailment, and this secondary infection is what will kill the fish or make it very unwell.

So my advice is, watch for secondary infection. Observe closely...and please please, in time, get a much larger tank.

Thanks for sharing

Possible Fin Rot?? help please

13 posts • Page 2 of 2