are there ANY nudibranch or other sea slugs for me?

29 posts • Page 3 of 3

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

joyce123

by joyce123

ive never hears of the "spanish dancer"... sounds awesome..... does anyone know where i can get one online somewhere.... id like to try them... do you also know if it too will nuke the tank if it shall pass away?

theDeedo

by theDeedo

i grabbed a quick link for you to look at but if you google "spanish dancer fish" you will get alot of results. I heard no they wont nuke your tank, and I have had one which died bcause of a filter accident and it did not kill my fish. They are not venomous, but I have been told they are for the expert only. They are extrodenary though, they move like a sea slug across the glass of the tank and then all of a sudden BAM! they flare out and start dancing through the water. The first time I seen it I knew exactly how it got its name.

u can watch it here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTGmYagN ... re=related

and read about it here
http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm ... 9&aid=2146

these look just like mine did
c76f7-Spanish_Dancer1.jpg
495a4-spanish dancer.jpg
b02d7-spanish_dancer_thumb.jpg

mro2you2

by mro2you2

you would want something that would block it from getting close to the filter.

theDeedo

by theDeedo

yeah, they told me before i got it to put a screen ovr my intake, which I did...and all that was left of him was a knot in the screen, where he had been sucked through. You would want an overflow box I think, when dealing with this type.

jdak702

by jdak702

You could use a pre filter sponge instead of a screen. I think that could work. Looking at the spanish dancer online and it said it can get 2 feet long.

gumbii

by gumbii

spanish dancers don't eat commercial food... they only eat certain types of sponges and algaes that don't grow in our tanks...

joyce123

by joyce123

i think that i might try one if i can find one... i might ask my LFS if he can order me one..

theDeedo

by theDeedo

They get two feet in the wild, but im not sure if they get that big in a tank or not. Mine was just a little guy

jdak702

by jdak702

I think a foot would still give me the willies when its dancing. lol

are there ANY nudibranch or other sea slugs for me?

29 posts • Page 3 of 3