My new Tank!

27 posts • Page 2 of 3

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

mro2you2

by mro2you2

hey tlspmm my tank is a 21 gallon. Do you like me now?????
Last edited by mro2you2 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prdoring

by prdoring

So far I have successfully transfered in the 4 guppies and the molly and they are doing great. Nitrite and Nitrate are both holding steady at 0 ph is at 7.3 and everything is stable. All I have left to transfer is the 4 baby platys and the peppered cory. So here Is how they are currently stocked

10GAL:
1X Peppered Cory
4x Platy Fry

36GAL:
1x Dwarf Gourami
1x Green Cory
1x Balloon Molly
4x Fancy Guppy
6x Neon Tetra

Hopefully things keep going this smoothly :)

mro2you2

by mro2you2

your lucky to mave no nitrite and nitrate problems.

prdoring

by prdoring

:P I think using one of the filters from the old tank and gradually introducing the fish kept those bacterias fat and happy.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

If you think your tank might split do what I did when mine did. Go the hardware store and buy thin cable, some clamp tight clips to make loops, and a tightning turnbuckle.

Wrap the top and bottom with the cables and tighten.

Put the turnbuckle on the side so you only see a tiny thin cable around the top and bottom ring retainers on the tank.

prdoring

by prdoring

awesome... I might do that just as a precaution... what size cable did you use, and do you have pictures?

prdoring

by prdoring

Haha I just got a 18" bubble curtain for the back of my tank... Defiantly a good buy. I knew it was good for the circulation and oxygenation of the tank.... I had no idea how much my fish would like playing in it! Even my mellow cory is shooting up and down in the bubbles.

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

prdoring: i think that would be a good idea. I know it is a nice, heavy piece of furniture, but the fact that it wasn't designed for your tank and doesn't "fit" your tank kinda worries me. You don't want to have a disaster like PK did recently! But honestly, you can get a really simple tank stand for pretty cheap. I got one for my ten gallon for like twenty bucks.

p.s. isn't it great cycling a tank w/established filter media?! It's like instantly cycled tank (as long as you stock slowly).

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

UM....pictures would not do it justice. There are all sizes of cable and I chose the thin 1-1.5mm one as it's very strong and used the crimp that is used to make a loop provided right next to the spools of cable.

A tightning turnbuckle is just 2 screws with eyes with a peice that you screw the eyes(with a straight threaded end sticking out) into. One eye has reverse threads so when screwed into the turnbuckle spinning the turnbuckle pulls both eyes closer together tightning the cable.

You have to measure carefully so when you make the loops and screw them into the turnbuckle it's allready sort of tight. That way there are enough threads left to tighten it more.

prdoring

by prdoring

OK all the fish from the old tank are in... including the young platys. Also I feel the decorating is done... Check it out...
7d129-IMG_0160[1].JPG
51664-IMG_0157[1].JPG

My new Tank!

27 posts • Page 2 of 3