Red slime algae

36 posts • Page 4 of 4

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

syphon? like a gravel vac...............if thats what it is then no you don't put the water back in the tank, you vac the sand as your removeing the water for a water change........

you have a filter sock? good, go to wal mart and buy a bag of pillow stuffing {lol not feathers} the poly fill stuff, it friggin awsome filter media, and is lik 3 bucks for ........................well ................a pillow size bag of it, look in the craft or matierial area...................put it in the sock and change it when you do water changes, carbon is basically a water polisher so its not a big deal chemi pure has worked well for a lot of people but didnt do a noticable thing in my tank so that call is completly yours bud, but i maintain, frequent cleanings and water changes will get this taken care of, just make sure you leave a couple of days in between so you dont shock the tank like every third day do a change and clean

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

Try it blue, I want to no if it works, I think its worth trying, if it doesn't GET PISSED

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

THE VODKA I MEAN

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

actually i dont have a filter sock, i dont even have any place to put one unless the end of hte world was here and i had to put it on the outlet from the filter in the aquarium itsself lol. I dont have a sump or a fuge :/ As of right now i dont even have anywhere to put a sump or a fuge.... but im gunna give that siphon a try today, im so amazed at how when i wake up in the morning theres hardly adn slime algae but by the time the light goes off during the day there is literally a clump of it sitting on the gravel.... just dont understand

fihsboy

by fihsboy

If you want to use the filter sock idea..just get yourself a 5 gallon bucket and 1/4th inch tubing start your siphon and then pinch it to keep it from siphoning while you put your sock on the bottom of the tubing.......put your tubing in the bucket and let go of the pinch to let it start up again. Its a slow siphon with the small tubing......but it is what you want when sucking stuff off your sand and rocks. Just enough.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

well... i was nosing around on that website you gave me with the live saltwater plants for sale on it, they have cerith snails for sale, i think that was the website, anyways they say that cerith snails will eat cyanobacteria??? Might order a few just to see... i think ill have the issure under control though by then, just after one day of siphoning, the algae hasnt grown back at all today, ill still go thourgh and siphon out the spots i missed tomorrow though but i think ive got this one in the bag..... new clown, my corals and my nem are doin awesome btw....

Red slime algae

36 posts • Page 4 of 4