Tank temp too high

31 posts • Page 3 of 4

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

gldntrmite

by gldntrmite

I've got a 32 foot round above ground pool, hate the damn thing. Cuts into my budget and the kids never use the damn thing anymore. The water in my area has such high metal counts that i have to use acid to remove them, then chlorine to sanitize and if you miss one week, and i'm not exagerating, my pool will turn the nastiest greenish / brown in just a few days.

Last year i had it clean, levels were perfect. Went on vacation for 5 days, had mom watch the pool. She added water once as it was very hot that week and when i returned i had a damn swamp.

Now all i can think about is all the money i wasted on the pool could have been one hell of a sweet tank to feed my addiction!!!! LOL

fihsboy

by fihsboy

HAHA. Guy at my LFS has a pool in his garage....I kid you not.....And im sure you can think of what he uses it for.........ohh thats right. SHARKS. Im not kidding. Ive seen it twice. Its just a standard walmart above ground pool full of saltwater and 4 sharks. Its pretty sweet.

gldntrmite

by gldntrmite

That would be something to see.... my pool holds 18,000 gallons. Imagine the fun you could have with something that size!!! Hell i'd be scuba diving in my backyard on a daily basis!!!

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I know it sounds far fetched........but they guy has 6 tanks in his house. He has 4 coral fragging 4 foot by 4 foot tanks. with two 250s over each one. Hes got seaworld in his house. and hes a plumber......so everything is setup to be auto top off and auto water change. Its SAWEET. I would LOVE to have a freaking pool in my garage full of corals and maybe 4 or 5 400 halides over it.

Check this tank out........They are in my local reef club, and they are really nice people with a HUGE tank.

http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f193/ ... 16872.html

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Page 18 and 19 is where it gets good. :)

gldntrmite

by gldntrmite

Dude, that is sick!! My 200 looks like a goldfish bowl next to that!!

fihsboy

by fihsboy

They are a really cool couple. She does most of the tank maintence. Which is really cool, wish my girl friend would do that! There waterchanges are sweet too! Hell of a nice setup. Not crazy about there lighting though........whatever works I guess.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

wow - i am impressed...............ive had just about all those ideas for my tank room in the basement but hadn't quit figured out how to make it work...................very good solid set up.................um ..........ill be stealing a few of their consepts, lol

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

They have great ideas, plus they have everyone in the reef club helping out with ideas. :) everyone pitches in around here. Its nice.

gldntrmite

by gldntrmite

I wish i had stupid cash to throw at a monster tank!! Can you imagine the setup you'd have if money wasn't an issue?

Tank temp too high

31 posts • Page 3 of 4