I've had it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

38 posts • Page 3 of 4

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

hope it works mate

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

lol yous phos-zorb bags for about 3 days in you sump change them out for new after 2 week put a phos ban reactor on it bum no more hair alge trust me lol i have had more hair alge then you can even comprhend. i was pulling out 3 puond ever 3 weeks for almost 2 years. and had 5 difrent alge morphs.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

i believe thats the next step...............the magnesium seems to be discoloring the algae so it may be slowly dieing off, the snails have all died, don't know why, and i can't report to the algone packs as i don't see that their doing anything yet

Lion,
ive used phospads and chemipure {regular and elite} with no visual difference, does a phsban reactor make that much difference?

i'm beginning to wonder if the culligan "RO" dispenser is really ro, or if they've just allowed the membranes to expire and im actually useing city water in there, ive got and ro filter i just need to get it set up

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Crank it up. :) Only way to be sure. :)

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

phosban is an awsome product have you been testing for p04 or just thinking it is all right and when you git ride of all the p04 it wont nesiserly kill the alge it just stops it from growing you need to pull it out. as i poseted befor i went from 3 pounds every 3 weeks to about a half a handfull because of the phosban. pluse with out it growing you snals will have time to eat it. and dont worry about loosing your snail thay will die. alot of snails cant handel temps above 82 and it is summer time. i dont know about you but i dont have a spair 600$ for a chiller. anther thing mag lvls watch them closly it will kill shit above 1800 ppm try and keep it at highest around 1500 to 1600ppm.

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

o and i almost for got bringing the mag up olnly works on a few alges and it dosent mean it will stop it from going back to anther type of hair alge. it will work on the kind that looks like feathers but not standerd hair.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

hhhhmmmmmmmmmmm, well shit, of course i have the "stranded hair" type, no i havent tested PO4, i need to get some better test equipment as i move into more tanks and larger tanks for sure, i think im going to do a good old fashioned scrubbrush attack on this garbage and then maybe the boosted mag levels and this "algone" stuff will keep up with it, ill be searching ebay for a phosban reactor as well.......................should it be sized to the tank? or are they all the same basic size reguardless of tank gallonage?

thanks lion, Boss

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

Mag 5 Pump Avalible Still ?

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

well i finally said f@#k it and tore the tank apart and scrubbed everything...............looks great now, switched to RO and DI water with a 25%water change. also switched my salt from Kent to Oceanic, I'm still useing the algone and doseing the regular recomended dose of magnesium.................in hopes that i can stay in front of the algae as opposed to killing it this time.............i also took all media out of the wet/dry sump and put fresh carbon and a couple chunks of live rock and thats it other than a filter pad for bigger crap

so lets see how this works......................................

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

What kind of lighting boss? And how long?

I've had it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

38 posts • Page 3 of 4