I've had it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

38 posts • Page 2 of 4

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Boss, is this in your new system? IF so.....start looking for a bigger protein skimmer. Maybe a ASM G3. Im going to put either an ASM G2 or an octopus 150nw on my tank. both are rated for 150+ tanks......so when I upgrade....no big deal. Plus.....i will never have a nutrient problem. Its going to rip my water a new hole. :)

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

bahaha his skimmer is gunna b bigger than his tank

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Yup. :) Im getting rid of my refuge. SOOOOO. If anyone wants sand. Its FREE. just pay for the shipping. Only for you guys though. Including mangroves. If anyone wants one.....or 5.....or 10. Just let me know. Ill send them your way. :P

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

hey how do we do this cuz i want some of that sand buddy, you gunna put them in ziplock bags??? Do i just send you a check or what???????

snowboss

by snowboss

no this is my 2 yr old 20 long system

the skimmer i have for the 120 is a euroreef series 3 rated for 500 to 700 gallon systems - -mmwaaaahahahahahah - -im like yo man , cant skim enough, this bad boy has a 1500 gph pump on it - - i kinda looked at the 20long for a second and realised it would suck everything including the rock and sand out of it and put it in the cup....lmao

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Boss you could always hook up a sump to it. :) 20 tank with a 15 sump. and just have the skimmer and a return pump. I bet you would have NO problems with that tank. maybe a lack of nutrients.....

fihsboy

by fihsboy

BLUE. I will send it with a flat rate box if you just give me your adress. Ill give you mine. I think the box is 10.35 flat rate......but im not sure. Im just not sure if it would be okay for three days....thats my worry.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

hummm i bought some sand off of ebay from a guys refugium when i first started my tank, i think it took about 3 days to get here, how much is like priority overnighting? like 40 bucks?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Im not sure. I havent looked into it completly yet. I have a post on thereeftank......so im waiting on a response from there about shipping costs and the most effective to keep all the critters alive.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

ok went to my LFS yesterday, after reading some very good links from everyone THANKS !!!! - -im going to attack this crap on multiple fronts.........

i bought a product called "algone" it had some good reviews on reefcentral and i bought some liquid magnesium.........also a very long indepth post on reefcentral - - -so i put the algone in the filter last night -its a little pouch like a tea bag and it says to keep submersed and change every 5 days, on top of that the RC post says to over dose the tank with magnesium and bring the levals above 1550 to kill hair algae..........i dont have a mag test kit so im going to "slowdose" in conjunction with the algone and give it a couple weeks

on top of that i added 4 golfball sized turbo snails that went ape shit when i put em in there..............looks like "horton hears a who" with Skag zeroturn mowers in there .....WOOOHOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!! they all seem pretty sedentary this morning - -prolly stuffed themselves to much

we shall see what happens..................thanks again for all the help and support

SnowBoss

I've had it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

38 posts • Page 2 of 4