Mega Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover - DIY!

49 posts • Page 5 of 5

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

santamonica

by santamonica

Update: Sideways Spray Protection

If you think there may be times when you cannot clean your screen on time (at least once a week), you may want to protect it from sideways spray. Sideways spray can sometimes happen if you let the algae continue to grow up into the slot. The easiest protection is when you clean it; clean the part at the top, about a half inch (13mm) away from the slot, very thoroughly. Don't leave any algae behind at all. This way the algae will take longer to get thick here. You will lose a bit of filtering, but it won't sideways-spray as soon. Also, clean every bit of algae out of the slot/pipe, for the same reason. The other solution is to attach solid or flexible plastic strips to the side of the pipe, which will stop any spraying. And ideally, the strips should block light too, so that nothing grows into the slot in the first place:

[img]http://www.radio-media.com/fish/UserSaltCrittersOnTR-1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.radio-media.com/fish/UserJohntanjmOnSG-12.jpg[/img]

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

can you just stop posting. i dont think anyone is reading these uber long posts you have said your piece about this topic. You have been banned from lots of forms because of this ie reef central. you would have more credibility if you just stoped

fihsboy

by fihsboy

some of its interesting.......not going to lie.......but damn........they are so long. I dont read these anymore.....I just check to see if its someone else talking. Like delta. haha. like the sideways spray.....yeah.....thats basically why the lfs took his down....it was a pain in the a@#. it sprayed water all overthe place and smelled. so i see you have found a cure for that. congrats. But theres soo much information in these posts......you dont want to read it. I dont want to sit here for an hour and read this one post. honestly......

santamonica

by santamonica

This post is always the most-read of any post on any forum, and some were made stickies. This site is the only one that does not show views.

The solution to the lfs smell problem is more flow. He did not have proper flow.

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

you would havethe most views because ppl just want to get the the arrow that shows its a new post off of your thread. i dont mean to be mean, Just post your issue or your recommendation and wait for a reply. No one wants an on-going tread that none reads, its just a waste. Make a relationship with us by giving members advice about our tanks that is productive and meaningful, Unlike what you are doing, right now just posting on the same topic over and over and over again. we love ppl that are knowledgeable and experienced that give good advice thats whats makes this site different from other forums

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Delta hit the nail on the head. We love it when people have new ideas and have something to back it up too! But there are other parts of your tank that may be useful. Do you ever buy new corals? new fish? what do you dose? what kinda lights do you have? It just gets tiring just hearing about these posts. I know you want to help, and we appreciate it. Keep up the good research. But talk to us like were all sitting around the TV drinking a bear with some chips and the big game is on. Its pretty lax here...and we pretty much all get along.

santamonica

by santamonica

Well all that stuff is covered in the early parts of the post. But regardless, this post/topic is about one thing, a scrubber. If you have nuisance algae problems, this post will fix it, every time. I don't think anyone cares about anything else.

What usually is the case is that the people reading and using this info, are not the people who post. Because they have no info to post, which is why they are reading, in order to learn how to fix their nuisance algae. So let's find out if that is the case on this site. If any readers want me to continue posting results/tips/updates, then post on here and say so. If nobody wants it, then I'll stop.

puffedupseagull

by puffedupseagull

YEAH ITS GETTING OLD

asyday

Давно я здесь не бывал

by asyday

Давно я здесь не бывал

Mega Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover - DIY!

49 posts • Page 5 of 5