REMORA BROKEN

36 posts • Page 3 of 4

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

haha ill post one tonight....... it looks like shit tho

fihsboy

by fihsboy

measure your inlet to the skimmer....outlet from the pump..put 1/4 an inch between those....bam. maybe 2.5-3 inches of tubing...probably closer to 2 inches...and connect them with that much.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

if i get hosing thats 3/4 in than it bends and creates a crinkle that prevents flow... can i just use black pvc??

fihsboy

by fihsboy

are you putting an angle in the hose? Just run your pump directly under the remora.....dude you gotta be missing something for this to not be working for you. Something doesnt seem right. My remora took me 30 seconds to hook up and get it running.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

k the pump has like flat back to it with 4 small holes, i have that side against the glass which puts the outlet of the pump perpendicular to the glass...... the remora inlet is parallel to the glass where it goes in so that means i have to run a hose out from the outlet of the pump and run it up into the remora inlet. Correct?? send me a pic of your set up via email , blueshoes2208@yahoo.com

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

Theres about a million micro bubbles, no foam in hte collection cup and its loud as hell too

fihsboy

by fihsboy

damn dude......hopefully I can get you a picture tomorrow. I will send you one that is what yours should look like...As long as your inlet and outlet are vertical....thats how it should be.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

ok simple thought the pump is still getting water into the remora like it should even tho its not necessarily hooked up right yet but this thing is still really loud, millions of microbubbles, im not seeing any foam in hte collection cup, looks like water to me BUT the little brown dots at the top of the water are gone....... thoughts??

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Its working......let it break in. This is your first skimmer. What kinda fish do you have....what load is there in your tank........I didnt think you have anything yet? If you throw some phytoplex in there.......I guarntee you it will pull every bit of it out by the next day. It pulls everything out of mine. I get a green brown froth. give it a few weeks to break in all the way and introduce some waste for it to pull out. As far as being loud........I have no idea. Mine is quite as hell compared to what I used to have.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

oh yeah, well i emailed the company and the guys there are very helpful, they are sending some plastic clamps or something so i can get rid of hte steel. The water is crystal clear tho i must say that..... its just extremely noisy and millions of bubbles..... noise is literally 5x my fx5. I only have a black and white clown and a coral beauty angel fish along with my clean up crew

REMORA BROKEN

36 posts • Page 3 of 4