polyps corals

28 posts • Page 3 of 3

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

daddy018105

by daddy018105

THANK YOU SIR

daddy018105

by daddy018105

THANKS YOU SIR

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Dude straight up.....my gonipora did that......got a brown sludge on it....and died off.....BUT it was only one spot on the coral......So i would go out on a limb to say its probably a diseased coral or hurt coral. Mine did it after it got hit by a turbo into the glass. The spot that hit the glass was the spot that died with the brown slimy stuff. Its gotta be stress or disease. Buy a xenia.....see how it responds to your tank.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

yes i am guilty of the hot water changes........ another rookie mistake

gonzaimaki7563

by gonzaimaki7563

daddybogs! Your liverocks are pretty much safe if you asked your LFS if it has been treated before. Are you using tap water directly in every water change? I am also new to this hobby and my first set-up was a complete blunder! Im trying to start from the very beginning again, and now im making sure to remember the word PATIENCE. Im now running my tank for 3 weeks now with just liverocks, some tubeworms, damsels and a couple of crabs that survived from my previous set-up. Now im seeing better results than my before..

gonzaimaki7563

by gonzaimaki7563

daddybogs! Your liverocks came from your LFS? are they partially treated ? If yes, then theres little to worry about that, you are using tap water directly for every water change? I am also new to this hobby and my first tank was a complete BLUNDER! Now I will try to remember one very important word...PATIENCE, trust me you need alot, now im starting from the beggining again, the new tank was running for 2 months now and I can see better results than before, I only put some survivors from my previous tank inside, damsels, tubeworms and a couple of crabs. Im trying to take my time now, holding my self from buying just anything from anywhere. Research and observation first..Hope this would help...LOL I will wait for another 2 months before buying any new fish or corals, is 4 months safe enough for a safe buffer

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

depends on your parameters..................if its cycleing naturally without chems and it tests stable for a couple weeks in a row.then a new addition would be ok...............if your running chems and there are different reading each week {even if they are always good} then i would say wait

personally {after crashing m first tank as well} i won't add a fish to my next tank for at least 6 months

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

well guys i have slightly good news, since were talking about copper i thought that the fitting i used to connect a hose to my remora was made out of copper... it might still be but i found a fitting in the package in my storage shed and it looks almost identical and its made out of brass. idk if they are both brass but its better than completely thinkging that it IS made out of copper. Another update, my nem is doing fine... still not eating but looks good.

polyps corals

28 posts • Page 3 of 3