Other Hobbies

92 posts • Page 9 of 10

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

simple69

by simple69

I have always kept tetras. I am keeping the same now although I have added a couple mollies to the bunch this time. I have some red-eye tetras, black phantom tetras, bunch of neons, strawberry tetras and a pleco and 2 albino corys.

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

Ok in the spirit of Xmas I'll make this short. I played for your team last time around keith, this time I'm gonna have to wonder how old you are.
There's a fine line between jokes and something meant to be blatantly offensive. I'm pretty sure the people you told to get a life have one.
I'm sure you don't care, but I gotta speak my peace.
That is all...

kei9th

by kei9th

im 28 and yes i was being blatantly offensive. rude and crude behavior is funny and i was angry with some of the comments from my first post. its funny it was harmless, JUST WORDS. i would not had posted anything again if there wasn't such a fuss. if we were all in a room chatting it up and the same question was asked, my remark would have been the same. then if the same was said to me i would have been vicious. please do not take offense as none was intended (the first time). it was light hearted and just a joke.i am actually very pleasant and well mannered. if you really care the only hobby i have now is my 10 month old son as taking care of him is my second full time job. not to be an ass but it is kei9th the 9 is silent it was not a typo.

CedricAndCandy7566

by CedricAndCandy7566

Had enough of this bullsh* like me?

Come over to gomezcoral.com where its clean friendly and helpful... I was hesitant to make the move at first but its great there, check it out!

(and kei9th, not all of us are adults. Fish keeping is the hobby of my whole family and my daughter frequently sits on my knee and we look thru this site togther. So thankyou very much...)

Tien6079

by Tien6079

I do not hunt but I am a target shooter. I am facinated by the engineering employed in various hand guns and rifles. I also like to shoot long range for accuracy. It takes a large amount of work to set up a rifle to hit a target a thousand yards away. I recently chronographed my hand loaded match bullets for one of my rifles. They travel 3300 feet per seconds. That is roughly 11 football fields a second or 2250 mph. I have too many costly interests...guns, cars, music, fish...my wife is ready to kill me!!!

BurgerKing7704

by BurgerKing7704

I've never fired a gun but love the video games. When you say 2250mph thats sounds so bad ass.

Mike0372983

by Mike0372983

ive fired a paintball gun :P
thats about it

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

tien - -i'd love to get into target shooting......i was a backup on the Marine Corps rifle team, went to sniper indoctrination {not full sniper training just a 2 week intro} got to shoot the Barett 50 cal single shot bolt.....got 9 out of 10 in the black on an 18 inch round at 1000 yards . . . .i've priced some rifles but they are nuts priced ....got any resonable suggestions for a 500 yard target long rifle? - - i prefer to shoot with a scope but can handle about 300 yards with the forks

what kinda cars.....lol

Boss

Tien6079

by Tien6079

'Sup Boss? The particular rifle I mentioned above is a Remington model 700 bolt action. I cannot remember how much it cost me though. It shoots a .223 which is, I think, a 5.56 NATO round, and is very accurate up to 350 yards. Shoots the same round as the M16, which I'm sure you are familiar with. You can get the model 700 in multiple caliburs. I would suggest the .308 or 7.62. I believe the Marine Corps snipers are shooting at a thousand yard with this round. I also suggest a Leopold scope or A Super Sniper scope (despite the corny name it is very good quality). I have done a significant amount of custom work to make my rifle accurate. If you would like, I can describe some of the work put into it and the ammo I load for it. I would love to get a Barett but I couldn't afford the ammo! My Father bought a .50 Desert Eagle hand gun, but sold it a few months later....too much power for a hand gun and was not practical. It sure was fun to shoot though!

Tien6079

by Tien6079

Snowboss, have you read the book "Shooter" and "Marine Sniper"? Both are great! I believe in "Shooter" he uses the .308.

Other Hobbies

92 posts • Page 9 of 10