Korlia pumps ?

33 posts • Page 2 of 4

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

dont those run less power then mjs= less heat , no ?

dick_headers

by dick_headers

That is absolutely true.

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

ok so didnt wanna post a new topic and htis feed looks pretty hot so ill jus go ahead and ask it,
got my cleaning crew up to par, only 35 lbs live rock, 2 astrea snails, 2 turbos, 10 blue leg, 6 scarlet hermits, and 6 nassarious snails so im kinda getting nervous if there is enoguh for them to eat in there... are yall going to tell me to put a silverside in there?? and wtf is that a fish? haha

dick_headers

by dick_headers

you know Pimp I love MJ pumps, so I hate when people think that I am against them. They're great pumps speccially to run small HOB refugiums or skimmers. For me the magnet is the last thing I love about Koralias.
You're a maintance guy like myself. These are so mucch easier to pull out of the water, matter of seconds to clean them.Also easier to relocate them in you tank.
And yes, the heat is a big factor also. The actual wattage not much lower than the MJ's but they're provide much less heat.

dick_headers

by dick_headers

Yes bluesuedeshoes( I'm sorry but I just gave you a nickname:-), they're small fishes from the ocean. There's no saltwater without them. You can try it out, brine shrimp is about the same result, just easier to keep it under controll.
These are just personal preferences...

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

ohhhhhh okay... haha actually my blue shoes were suede... good guess........ so does my lfs jus carry a bucket of brine shrimp and i jus buy a cup of them or something?? i dont have ne fish so i dont worry bout foods like that... yet

dick_headers

by dick_headers

yeah, but I think they need some circulation if you try to keep them alive.. A cup would be a bit too much IMO, just ask him for some sample. Take it home pour it in, and see how they'll react. Serpents and briittle stars go crazy for it. Crabs are the same. You can try some yourself, it's actually not that bad..joke...I know:-)

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

HI _JACKED....

blueshoes2208

by blueshoes2208

hahaha i dont have any powerheads i.e the koralia or mj like this post is supposed to b about

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Korlias are sweet....Especially if your looking to save some dough....but if you have a small tank.....You need a closed system. I just got my scwd up and running.......HOLY HELL. Its by far the coolest shit in the world. Everything sways...the corals the fish the sand. My clowns will go up to the return and wait for it to turn on to jet across the tank. Its sweet as anything to watch. They sit and wait......and wait......and it turns on they jump in front of it and BOOM there across to the other return and do the same thing. The only thing that sucks.....it is pulling around 73 watts. DAMN SON! my koralias were nice especially the 4 watts they used. but they took up too much room in my 29. Now my closed loop is getting coralline encrusted.....so you dont even see it...plus it wont suck up fish or corals like any other power head.

Korlia pumps ?

33 posts • Page 2 of 4