feather dusters

21 posts • Page 1 of 3

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

TheCoralReef

feather dusters

by TheCoralReef

i have been noticing these very very small neon green feather dusters popping up on the same rock as my orange pallys causing them to close slightly, any one have any ideas/suggestions

fihsboy

by fihsboy

if they are the size of a pen head........theres no reason to move anything.....if they are the size of say a pencil or larger......I would frag the pallys to give the baby feather dusters a chance. Have you ever fragged? If you feed a little phyto plex once a week.......your featherdusters will explode with growth. On my back wall.....in the shade of the tank......I bet there is over 500 baby feather dusters. My back wall is white, red and hairy with featerdusters. Green huh? That sounds pretty bad ass.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

Are you sure they are dusters ? is there any way to get pics..i have never seen green dusters ever..if they where dusters they should't make any coral close/retract.

swp

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Thats what I was thinking......green! HOLY COW. If they are dusters.......and they are green......your looking at some money my fellow reefer.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

well i hope they are dusters, not hydroids or any thing like that...

TheCoralReef

by TheCoralReef

yea, i will upload a pic butt im not sure how good it will turn out, they are very small, what exactly is a hydroid?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I didnt think about droids.....They sting and hurt like a BIT@#. They will also sting corals to death. There is a website on them. Pretty cool....but they will hurt your corals. They fight for space like everything else in the ocean. http://www.marinelifephotography.com/ma ... droids.htm

TheCoralReef

by TheCoralReef

well they dont look like any of thoes pics except one, the 3rd row of pics it sais Baby Barge, Oahu, 65 feet (under the Left pic), they look like little feather dusters, the feathery parts of mine are neon green tho, but thats probly the added lumens from the powerbrites. im wondering if these are the droids im seeing, it said they grow in shallow water and the aquapod could be classified as shallow between the liverock and the MH. i tried taking a pic but i had to zoom to get close enough to see them and it turned out to be just a blur

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Well......you could always transfer the little guy to a quarentine tank.....see what it does. And go from there?

TheCoralReef

by TheCoralReef

you may be able 2 see, i circled the areas
4529d-Picture 1222.JPG
c4eb9-Picture 018.jpg

feather dusters

21 posts • Page 1 of 3