General Newbie Questions?

176 posts • Page 13 of 18

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

bigwillcast

by bigwillcast

ummmm to be honest, I thought he might be the dominant male but now he looks like a big pussy. I would say they're all pretty aggressive right now.(with the exception of the yellow labs) A dominant hasn't quite been established. The OB's aggression has definitely increased. The white top afra pretty much goes after all the little yellow labs. And the pundamilia nyererei ruti island is the one that's been going after the electric blue.

So, I mean. pick one? lol

the good news is that they all seem much happier in a bigger tank. My girlfriends coming over later with her camera miami.. I'll get some better pictures.

miami754

by miami754

Awesome - I'm excited to see them.

Yeah, it can take a little bit for them to sort out the whole heirarchy. Especially since they were just moved. In a little bit, you should see a clear cut favorite for dominant male of the whole tank (or you might see one dominate the left side and one the right side or something like that). I wouldn't worry about the Ahli unless you see something else. If you see fungus or something growing on his lip then you'll need to treat his injury. If you don't see anything like this and he is still coming out to eat then I would say he's fine. Like I said, my Ahli acts very different from the rest in my tank.

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

New tank looks good man...... what you plannin on doin with the small one?

bigwillcast

by bigwillcast

I'm actually returning the smaller one. I've only had it for like 3 weeks and I bought it from walmart. Sooooo they'll take it back no matter what. lol

I already returned the stand last night.

Could really use the cash with that ticket I just got

oh and miami, I'm pretty sure this morning the ruti island has established himself dominant male over the night. He now has the biggest cave and I've watched him chase away all the bigger fish.

bigwillcast

by bigwillcast

and I'm also worried that this lil guy is not getting enough to eat. The rest of the fish all get the food and I highly doubt this lil guy gets any food on the bottom. any suggestions?!

it is a synodontis petricola
0a54e-fish - bottom feeder.jpg

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

feed you other on one side of the tank, i assume you are feeding him sinking wafers, if you are when you feed the other fish on the oher side of the tank, drop his pelets on the opposite side of the tank while the others are distracted with their food

bigwillcast

by bigwillcast

nope, I'm assuming I have to get sinking wafers then?!

bigwillcast

by bigwillcast

The blue ahli has made me increasingly worried, his lip looks like it's taken a turn for the worst, he'll eat but he hardly has enough oomph to fight for food and I saw some white stringy poop coming from him today.

I administered one dose of clout.

Whats next guys?!

bigwillcast

by bigwillcast

Ok, new update:

Blue ahli looks much happier now.

But, when I came home from work... my OB seems to have lost all of his orange color. He's almost white now? problems arising from the clout? blending in with sand substrate? loss of dominance?! What could it be!?

Here's some pics of the new tank. also a before and after of the OB.
ac942-Fish - Spot 2.JPG
97472-Fish - Spot 3.JPG
422dd-Fish Tank - New.JPG
4f0fa-Fish tank - New 3.JPG

bigwillcast

by bigwillcast

no thoughts?!?

General Newbie Questions?

176 posts • Page 13 of 18