Dissapointed with SeaWorld

19 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

YES! your level of experience is the same as mine if not better. This guy is a little more advanced.....
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2007/2/aquarium
Check out that article. He built a 20,000 gallon aquarium for Atlantis Marine World....Its BAD A#$. THIS is what I want to do if I win the lottery. haha....but about half of it. I would be happy with 10,000 gallons.

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

see i have not been to sea world in 10 years i was 15ish
and at that time it was awsome to me but i was not into the fish hobby then
but from what you explained it sounds pretty ....fail
a few weeks ago i went to Tulsa to visit my mom and we went to the tulsa aquarium
and i was thoroughly impressed you should if you are ever there check it out
they had octopuss
lionfish bigger than my head
the biggest alligator gars i have ever seen bigger than me
a huge mangrove flat setup
you could feed the stingrays
check it out if you are ever that way

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

yes you can use coke cans, but you'll have to use a few more of them as they don't have the aluminum content that say a coors light can might have, not worth the risk of losing the whale over haveing to few lights .......just my opinion though

newbie916

by newbie916

I went to the Seattle Aquarium and they had a mediocre reef setup. Anybody, seen a killer aquarium on the West Coast? I guess I'll have to make it out to the Great Barrier Reef one of these days.haha I'll be in Maui and Kona in a few weeks. Any good suggestions for snorkeling spots?

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

well i know that sanfransico has a decent aquarium... but it has been a few years since i have been there

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I want to go the the Atlanta Aquarium. It is supposed to be one of the nicest in the world. They have EVERYTHING. I heard they have a football field size room with nothing but protein skimmers. (DROOL) My question is.........what do they do with all that skimate? haha.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

holy crap !!!!!!!! that guy is livin the dream life !!!!!!! fishboy

i can't even comprehend that system................did you see the 10 foot tall protien skimmer.........LMAO...er er er er

miami754

by miami754

The Atlanta aquarium is ok. It is really big and has a lot of really nice setups, but since it's new, there are 5 billion people there. It kind of ruined it for me. If I were you, I would wait a couple of years for it to die down a little. I was glad they were bringing in so much revenue as I didn't want them to have to shut down or anything, but being surrounding by 300 people and being coralled through each exhibit was not exactly fun either.

Just my opinion though. In terms of the tanks, it was definitely cool.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Boss.....I feel bad for that guy. I cant imagine having to scuba dive to clean my tank.....OHh what the hell yes I can. It would be a freaking dream come true.haha. You would need an army of snails and tangs. And that protein skimmer is AMAZING. im going to put one in my garage for my tank. :) haha. even though the skimmer alone is around 10 times bigger than my tank itsself. haha. Did you see the Halides on that baby.....Drool. I bet the electric bill is through the roof! As for the Atlanta aquarium.....crowds do suck, I agree. But I dont mind them too much. Theres nothing like seeing a little kid say Daddy whats this!!!! and his dads like.......UHHHHHHH.....A fish! Then you can just say, Ohh thats a black tang, the most rare tang in the world. I like going to stuff like that when people have no clue. Speaking of dissapointment.....I was dissapointed when my local Museum of science and History announced they were opening a tropical reef system.....So im thinking YES!!!! So my girlfriend and I go and we look at everything and then leave the reef for last......I get in there and all the corals are plastic......I was PISSED. haha. Ohh well.

Dissapointed with SeaWorld

19 posts • Page 2 of 2