AMMONIA LEVELS AND PISSING IN THE TANK?

23 posts • Page 2 of 3

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

THATS ALL YOU NEED RIGHT NOW FOR TEST KITS UNTIL YOU ADD LIVESTOCK.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

no need to yell man ............geeeesh

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

ok so snce we're on the algae subject....i have been fending off ceyano {sp} red slime for a few weeks now . . . 2 different test kits are giveing me 2 different levals of nitrate's, one is within range the older one is through the roof, i did a 25% water change last sunday but the algae is getting worse, ideas????

i cut back feeding some, and i do use RO water

im getting ready to try a fluval nitrate sponge type thing here tonight i think
Boss

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

lol hit the capslock, to lazy to shut off....i'm sorry for yelling...wont happen again....

fihsboy

by fihsboy

i know this sounds crazy......but it will solve mis tests forever! its a little pricey for the person who tests every day........but for people like me that test once a week....maybe......its a pretty good deal. :)
www.aquariumwatertesting.com

fihsboy

by fihsboy

btw you can also print the analysis off...........and put it in a folder for future reference. :) damn........computers are sweet!

gumbii

by gumbii

boss... i just treated my tank for cyano bacteria... i had a very nice healthy patch along my sand and a plane of glass... i got that slime away stuff from my LFS... that sh*t was 16 bucks... so i treated it, and i guess i didn't add enough of the stuff... it just killed some of it off... so the second time i did it i packed that little spoon thing it comes with... and in three days all of that stuff went away... then i did a pretty big waterchange and it killed off my xenia and now my toadstool leather doesn't want to make it's tentacles get all big anymore... fail... oh well...

gumbii

by gumbii

damnit.... i have to click tab THIRTEEN TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!...

13 times untill it lands on the submit button... damn... javy better do something about it...

schigara

by schigara

We talked about this in a previous post.

The decaying shrimp will eventually show you some ammonia in your tank but you may not see a big spike due to the small amount of live rock you have.

I thought you had some patience due to the research you have done over the past few months?

You want some immediate results, like anyone new to this, and It will never come as fast as you want it to.

This is why I posted the alternative of using pure ammonia because most people are not as patient as they make themselves out to be. They want to be patient but they don't want to actually be patient enough to wait for the shrimp to decompose. Case in point....................this one!

Yes, pissing in the tank will work.......with zero downside and yes, pouring pure ammonia in the tank, in the correct ammount, will work just fine. If you really did some good research, you would find the same info.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

HA! i figured it would! I have a friend that was at a party and he peed in his tank.......and nothing died..........and he couldnt figure out why. and i pointed out to him that he had a 75 gallon fresh water tank with three bio wheels on it thats enough bacteria population to filter out the urin and keep his tank somewhat stable. But ...........i wouldnt feel comfortable takin a leak in my tank...........Hey sweetheart how was your day? what am i doing.....?.....?.....? Ohh just starting the cycle for my fish tank. HAHA

AMMONIA LEVELS AND PISSING IN THE TANK?

23 posts • Page 2 of 3