suggestions please

25 posts • Page 3 of 3

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Where I live Petco has anubias nana tied to little peices of wood. Plants with thicker leaves I think are usually lower light I think. Java fern is a good low light plant but sometimes is a bit hard to get going well, and it needs to be tied to wood as it somehow uses the wood for nutrition. The grasses and baby tears are all high light plants and won't grow without high light and usually co2. Amazon sword is popular as it grow really huge and looks nice in the background. it needs slighly more light than anubias and java fern but not much more.

acerkai640

by acerkai640

thanks that helped alot but i just cleaned and changed up the tank, i got 1 more piece of wood,rock, and plant. ilove how it looks now but i dont think top 100 but maybe ill just have to put up some pics this weekend.

dizzcat

by dizzcat

I have had luck with the sword plants. My fav is the amazon sword. I don't have special lighting or CO2, I just add fertilizer a couple days a week. I know they would grow faster and better if I had these other things, but they do grow and stay alive for me. I use a few fake plants in the back corners and background to fill in, and use real plants along the sides and in the center.

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

Acer -
It's hard to find a good selection of artificial plants, much less the better "silk" plants, but here is a link to several pages of decent silk plants.

http://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsUS/ct ... e=Category

They also have pages of "plastic" plants, too. Some of those are almost as good as the silk ones.

I've seen many of these in one tank or another. Some look great, but just don't work in a tank.....

Zambize

acerkai640

by acerkai640

ok i bought some new stuff and move some stuff around so hopefully some pics tom or this weekend

suggestions please

25 posts • Page 3 of 3