What is wrong with some people?

79 posts • Page 6 of 8

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

I'm not an expert on politics or the war, but as a liberal person, I do feel a grudge against the Republicans because I believe that Bush got us into this war, the rest of the Republicans are keeping us there, and we never should have done it to begin with. (There, I think that sounds quite "unintellectual". :)

Zambize

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I don't think we should up and leave Iraq without seeing that there is a stable goverment. I just think republican thinking is largly geared to financing the war machine which does create some jobs. I just think injecting a bunch of companies with cash is inevitably more wastfull than the democratic idea of helping the guy at the bottom.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

again i agree...............i strongly believe we need to bring our oil dependancy back to this country rather than relying on other countries - - -we are a pertoleum driven nation, nothing we can do about that, fuel is the least of the issue....almost everyhing we touch is petroleum based ...{every filter, every acylic tank, every skimmer, light hood etc etc ALL petroleum and thats just our little hobby}....i think it's wrong of us to allow/ foce other countries to trash their lands and keep our "pristine" and say "look howgreen we are, whats your problem" and countries like China are putting out more carbon emissions than the rest of the world combined - - - did you know that china shut down her economy for 2 months so we didn't "see" the polution while the Olympics were going on?

Z - if you look into history you'll find that this country goes to war about every 20 years .............and if you look at the sitting government just before the jackass Republican regime that took us to that war you'll find a one term democratic system that didn't mess with the world scene and just tried to get his "feel good" and "popularity programs" established ...and somewhere in the world a country saw a weeker America and stepped on our toes, bang, war

we NEED both parties to be on the same page to make this work.......that's really the only way

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I suppose each has it's atributes. I don't know too much about politics and history to really have an educated veiw.

I just remember the 7 years I spent working for a big spa corperation and I know what it's like to be worked to death like a slave for $20 an hour, and that was when I had a client. No client no pay for that hour. I worked 6 days a week and could barely pay my bills, and the company only paid $50 toward health insurance. This was better than what many people have, and I heard how much the company was struggling with workers comp too.

Unless you make it favorable for companies they will just move to where it is favorable, and they'll bring their jobs with them, but as a worker I can see where there should be a minimum that is good enough so we can have health insurance and still pay our bills, and to treat employees so they can pay their bills you have to take more out of the sharholders pockets.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

well ....don't get sucked into this free health care for all and free college education for all, with huge tax cuts................because that has to be paid for somehow and that somehow is increased taxes...those tax cuts are already ear marked for the top 5% and we will be paying for these programs

in 1989 i spent 4 months in Norway...........by far the most beautiful country I have ever seen {and ive seen a few thanks to uncle sam, lol} the best roads, the best looking buildings, nie houses, nice cars, clean streets everything looks story book fresh.........BUT.............in 1989 one stick of butter {not a pound, one stick} was 7.00 and a litre of petrol {thats gas in Europe, lol} was over 3.00 - - - - -in 1989 .........so there is a huge cost for these "feel good about ourselves" programs..and I'm sorry, im a struggling business owner without health insurance for myself and family and I'm not willing to pay for these "luxuries" without control for others ...............call me selfish if you need to..............

Boss

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I think free kindergarden and health insurance, and affordable college education should be rights, not luxuries. I've experienced how hard it is to pay for kindergarden and only a half day to boot when you're trying to pay the bills. I guess there's the argument that our system isn't perfect, but it's the best there is.

I don't have health insurance right now and I need a knee surgery and dental work. I guess I shouldn't complain as I will be getting group insurance before long and I'm not in pain.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

im not saying we shouldn't have it ...im saying tell me the truth about how it's going to get paid for ..................honesty and logic are all i ask for , im a big boy and if i don't like what your saying im able to deferentiate between "it is what it is" and i have to deal with it whether i like it or not and "whah whah whah, im a baby and i want it my way or not at all"

see what im mean?

Boss

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Hey Boss. I'm totally cool with your point of veiw. There was a South Park episode where the peacenicks were fighting the warmongers and Cartman went back in time and came back and told everyone that America is great because even though many of us don't like war there are many of us who do, so we can act like we don't want to go to war and at the same time go to war. I'm not saying it as well because I'm tired and just got some, hehehe, but it kind of makes sense.

I'm so excited about my galaxy rasboras. Hope noone eats them as they're babies and still really small.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

lol....southpark is a great show .........they always point out the silliness of a subject in the end .......i think i've seen that episode too.......and i also think it's just that simple, peace and lve is just a choice ........it's just that simple

i hope your lil guys don't end up snaks either....good luck

hey i watched a discovery program on Shark pits last night - - - -wow - - they have found these giant "cave" "pit" structures around the world where the surf is super turbulant at the top and come to find out the sharks are useing them as rest stops and nursuries because the water is super oxygenated and the pit is a super reef {beautiful} so it's full of food for juvee sharks - - -i know you liked sharks, so keep an eye out for it they'll show it again im sure . . . . . good show

Boss

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I don't get Discovery at my house. Maybe when I'm at my friends house.

What is wrong with some people?

79 posts • Page 6 of 8