Are Lunar Lights waterproof?

34 posts • Page 3 of 4

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

oops
Last edited by ChristinaBug2890 on Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

Gumbii -- Maybe you can explain to me why Mexicans think Chihuahuas are actual dogs? Mexicans did invent Extreme Fence Jumping. (Ooooh, thin ice there...)

Zambize

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

Oh, and Gumbii, that is one KICK A** setup you found on EBay!! I want one. Really. The only thing I don't like is how you can see the light bar itself so clearly. It's distracting. Do you think there's a way to hide it better, maybe up inside the hood, perhaps where the fluorescents are? (If the fluorescent bulbs were removed, I mean.)

I like it a lot, but I've only got a 30" tank and it looks like the standard 24" bar might be too bright...not sure.

I'm ready to press my PayPal button....

Z

kspops

by kspops

I work with Electricity everyday and have only come close to zapping myself 3 times in the last 11 years. The best bet is to get the outlet switched. or if you know the first outlet in the line, switch that one out and it will cover the rest "down stream". The next bet is the Power strips with GFCI protection. They are also making power cords with GFCI protection. Well worth the cost if new outlets are not in your future.
Sorry for the Buzz kill, I did not see the second page. And for extreme sports, I will take the kayak ride behind a Tarpon before the jump out of the plane thing. (2 foot wide stingrays are not bad though)

gumbii

by gumbii

lol@Z...

first of all... they do have fixtures like that on ebay that can be on the fixtures... but these ones are waterproof... that's why they're so expensive... but just type up lunar lights on ebay and you get alot of cool items...

and everyone gets zapped that works with electricity... don't feel bad kspops...

kspops

by kspops

I don't feel bad, Just tingly .... : )

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

..''like takin a snowmobile across 100ft of open water in January..'' so's that why you're called snowboss? lol

snowboss

by snowboss

lol....no i got the name from plowin snow....my brother and i were talking on our radios one night after plowing for like 20 hours striaght and somebody cut in with the "talk to me goose" talk from the movie topgun .............so all my guys started calling me the Snowboss, my brother is the iceman {or asshole depending on how im feeling, lol} - just started as a joke and it kinda stuck....................im a cold weather freak ....i love my boats but would rather have it cold - - -

i only took the sled across the open water once......................i came i conqured ...don't need to do that again .....lol......................sleds cost to much mney these days with mods and such..........and im a cheap bastard ......so the thought of sinking a machine in fridgid water just seems silly to me .........lol must be that age thing again

Boss

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Stepping on a lawn mower plug with wet shoes in wet grass was the biggest shock I've ever had.

gumbii

by gumbii

besides coming out of the closet peter...

bam... burn...!!!

j/k...

Are Lunar Lights waterproof?

34 posts • Page 3 of 4