Rena Filstar XP*

14 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

Unfortunately the XP 1 doesn't appear to have space for bio-schtuff ie, stars or ceramic rings, etc. I guess the bacteria is supposed to build up on all surfaces in there?
Are all of the sponges permanent or do I have to change the water conditioning one (the white one above the carbon bag) after a long period of time? Assuming that is, with regular rinsing it doesn't clog immediately after rinsing..

..and yeah, the primer funnel got some good use the first time I filled the filter. lol It probably took a good minute and a half to pour a gallon+ water in that little funnel. I tried your way the second time and overfilled the stupid filter when I put the top on.. Water everywhere. lol I guess I'll know better when to stop next time.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I'm-not-sure-about-a-white-sponge.......I-just-had-4-black-sponges-a-carbon-bag,-and-I-think-there-was-another-bag-that-I-threw-away.....I-should-have-told-you-to-put-out-a-towl...Sorry.

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

Nah it was my own stupid fault, I saw the top would go down in a bit and I did have a towel under it, it just went right through the towel. :)

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I-have-a-cruddy-old-carpet-that-dries-within-a-day-or-so-and-I-spill-water-all-the-time.......Sometimes-with-these-filters-you-can-plug-in,-unplug,-plug-in,-unplug,and-then-plug-it-in-and-you-won't-have-to-prime....It's-the-biggest-downside-about-these-filters.....I'd-still-buy-these-over-the-more-expensive-Fluvals-though.

Rena Filstar XP*

14 posts • Page 2 of 2