Help Anemone is acting up

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

I bought a purple bubble anemone like a week ago with a porclin crab that lives in it lately he has been acting weird climing up on my power head trying to get sucked into it and now he is hiding behind a rock in my aquarium. he has gone down in size alittle and is loseing some color i have no clue what is up with him. i really need some help i spent a decent amount of money on him and i dont want him to die.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

your anemone might be trying to find the best light /food / water current .feed it .. if you can move it try to put him at the highest point on your rocks. sometimes they do wierd things . check your water.. one more thing buy a clown fish. anemone seem to do better with them.

tangerine

by tangerine

yup,do check yr lightings and flows.anemones are filter feeders too,so ensure u have sufficient flows to bring food to them.

stavy

by stavy

yea anemones are tricky but enough air flow in their area and calcium can help it survive, check calcium levels and use friendly anemone feeders.

nanocubeking

by nanocubeking

Calcium needs to be normal for everything to be happy but unless it is super low it doesnt effect anemones much.

5 posts