quick tank cycle

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

singapore

quick tank cycle

by singapore

i would really like to quickly set up and cycle my 55gal tank. if i dont plan on adding a large amout of liverock now, just sand, and water, and the baserock from my 10gal, how early could u put the fish from my 10 in there? i planned on putting a few gallons of the water from my 10 in there, just to get some bacteria in there. does anyone know any tricks for fast setup and cycling?

amadeo

by amadeo

buy live nitrifying bacteria " frityz zyme #9 " you can quick jump start your cycle and add it in your tank for 5 days with no skimmer only a filter of choice . after 2 weeks check your water for nitrite levels and ammonia.

snowboss

by snowboss

fill the 55 half full with fresh salt mix ,do like 25% water changes from the 10 every 3 days{i wouldn't risk any more than that though} and put the change water into the 55....................still your looking at a couple weeks............ but depending on the amount of fish in the 10 you could run it low and keep adding water to the 55 till its 3/4 full...........and then move a fish every couple days until the process is done..and then top off the 55 with the water left in the 10................Boss

Serial324556

by Serial324556

Don't rush a cycle. Youll be sorry if you do. Patients is a virtue my friend.

quick tank cycle

4 posts