Job Hunt

30 posts • Page 1 of 3

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

ChristinaBug2890

Job Hunt

by ChristinaBug2890

Ok guys im taking the plunge...going against all my beliefs and applying for a job at some chain pet/ department stores. Maybe I can make a small difference. Wish me luck!

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

Miss Bug will be the resident fish expert.........................woohoo..........I think it's a great idea to have someone vested in the hobby to give advise that is worth something and not just push fish out the door to suffer a slow cruel {or fast in some cases} death in a bad environment .................not to mention how many people go to these places because they are interested in aquariums but not ready to jump into the high cost LFS world................and end up leaveing the hobby because ............joe blow who doesn't give a crap said "sure you can put 7,000 guppies in that 2 gallon tank" .......lol

go for it girl !!!!!!

Snowboss

gumbii

by gumbii

i'm also trying to get a job at a fish/reptile shop... but they're huge and require me to know how to propigate and frag corals... also breeding and species identification...

they tested me with two fish... they had four synodontis in a 4g tank... then they asked me to name them... LOL...

there were two synodontis multipictactus, one synodontis petricola and a marshal synodintis... ha... they didn't think i knew the difference since they all look the same and are kind of rare fish in the trade... jerks...

and they still haven't called me back for another interview or anything... fail...

well good luck christina and i hope you school those other big chain petshop fools...

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

ummmm......'what's that purdy red one"? lol

gumbii

by gumbii

hahahaha...

i'm one of those that walks into a LFS and ask if they have any female labidochromis ceureleus... lol... what a jerk i turned out to be...

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

if you did that at my local LFS ...they would say........."i think penecillin will fix that" LMAO.....I am in no way at all a fish expert but on more than one occasion I have swayed them to move different species from tank to tank as they will eat each other ....like my favorite save was ......i walk in to see what they had in stock one time....................as I'm watching the fish ...the little girl that works there is first of all dumping {not acclimating} a huge volitan lion {as big as my hand easily} into a tank full of domino damsels, all about 1/2 to 3/4 inch.......................................lol.......I asked her how much for the fancy feeders? she was like "what do you mean"? ............................two days later i go back in and she says ....yeah I had to cach the lion cause he ate half a tank of damsels.......................as scary as it is to say ...i think serial32 and I could run that LFS 10 times better than they do.................

It's so hard to function without a good LFS ....this site is where most all of my interaction information comes from............books and online articles as well...........

will penecillin fix that??????

later bud, Boss

Serial324556

by Serial324556

Yeah, I really wanna open up a lfs. Maybe after I get my credit up I will take out a business loan lol.

gumbii

by gumbii

that's my plan serial... i'm going to sell the house, move to texas and buy a big house for cheap... then open a awesome LFS with reptiles... i don't like birds or vermin...

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

birds kinda freak me out sometimes...especially owls...owls are pure concentrated evil in bird form. *shudder*

gumbii

by gumbii

i love owls and ravens... i had a gorgeous pet raven a couple years back... he was intelegent and had a amazing personality... he would fly around the house loose at times since he would open his own cage up... my aunt took him and i think he's 7 years old now... i want another one but they are hard to come by...

but i can't deal with birds... i don't have patience for birds and i kind of feel bad for birds that are all jailed up in a cage all thier lives... that's why i only have pigeons right now... they're on my roof or in the trees all day and at night they go back into thier huge cage...

Job Hunt

30 posts • Page 1 of 3