Job Hunt

30 posts • Page 2 of 3

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

i hand raised a timini grey parrot when i was in the service {Smokey} yeah I know real original eh? lol....he was the best, I didn't have a cage for him ....he lived on a perch and had a couple pieces of furniture he hung out in the house.........he had a pretty good vocabulary too......my favorite episode was when i walked across the street to see my cousin and my X wife got into the shower..........a few minutes later my neghbor came over and pounds on the door.......Smokey yells "come in!!" and he does .....just as the X is coming up the hall way with nothing but a towel .......on her head LMFAO !!!!!!

but ....she got pregnant and was affraid the bird would hurt the baby and made me get rid of him ..............................

Boss

gumbii

by gumbii

my homies just got some congo greys... i don't like the timneh greys because they are small and don't have that much color... but they are fun...

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Good-luck-Christina......I-just-wanted-to-add-that-I-found-a-sparrow-in-my-living-room,-and-my-cat-was-so-proud-of-her-kill.....Was-pretty-nasty-though-as-I-didn't-find-it-till-there-were-maggots-eating-it....I-cleaned-like-a-clean-freak-on-that-one...pk

Serial324556

by Serial324556

Yeah, I love reptiles. They are freakin' awesome! Except snakes, I don't mind the ones that have been hand-raised and are calm. But I'm not fond of them, especially when snowboss and I had to remove one from a garage at work the other day. I pretty much let him do all the work with that one!

When I get my own house I'm gonna have a shitload of reptiles though like water dragons, monitors, geckos, you name it.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

i went all crocidile hunter on his ass..............................lol...................im usually scared shitless of them but my wife works there and her boss is a little lady too.....so i had to put my "man" face on a get the mean ol snake out of there .....4 foot bull snake ...i know he's harmless but ..............................well crap i don't like snakes.....lol

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

When-I-was-young-and-lived-in-NY-I-had-water-dragons.....I-had-them-in-a-6-foot-long-cage-with-a-glass-front-I-origonally-built-so-my-parakeets-could-fly-back-and-forth-and-get-excercise.....Unfortunatly,-there-were-too-many-drafts-and-I-think-the-air-was-too-dry-to-keep-the-water-dragons-and-they-stopped-eating-and-died......The-petstore-ran-out-of-crickets-for-a-few-weeks-and-all-I-had-to-feed-them-were-meal-worms......That-may-have-been-the-main-reason-they-died,-but-when-keeping-reptiles-in-NY-I-suggest-a-tank-where-the-humidity-and-drafts-can-be-controled.

I-used-to-go-swimming-in-the-gorges-in-Ithaca-and-we-used-to-lie-out-on-these-big-flat-rocks-and-enjoy-the-sun,-the-ganga-and-usually-some-beer.....There-were-these-huge-fat-water-snakes-that-were-all-over-the-place...They-could-get-really-aggressive-and-curl-up-and-strike-if-spooked....I'm-pretty-sure-they-were-water-moccasins-as-they-had-the-wide-diomond-shaped-heads-where-venomn-sacs-would-be.....I-never-got-bit,-but-one-tme-I-had-a-girlfriend-and-we-were-on-the-flat-rocks-sunbathing-and-there-was-a-whole-bunch-all-wrapped-up-in-a-bush-a-few-feet-away......We-left-them-alone-and-they-left-us-alone....

I-also-remember-when-I-was-in-Hawaii-as-a-kid-snorkeling-on-a-coral-reef,and-a,striped-coral-snake-started-swimming-toward-me......I-never-swam-so-fast-in-my-life!!!.....I-had-fins-on-and-paddled-my-way-right-up-onto-the-sand-like-a-freak-on-speed.....It-scaired-the-crap-out-of-me.....

Boss......You've-never-picked-up-garter-snakes-before?......They're-harmless-but-for-the-piss-if-they-are-scaird.....I-used-to-put-them-in-my-pockets.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

see thats just wrong............i only keep one snake in my pants..................well one grub worm LMAO......................omg ...............no way would i put a snake in my pocket..............they don't bother me if i know their there ............i remember mowing my lawn out in Kansas for the fist time with my new riding mower and scareing up a small rattler......right out into the road i drove....thank god there wasn't any cars or trucks coming or i wouldn't be here to tell the story.....lol .........on another occasion we all went to a haunted house one holloween and on the long walk out of this place down a huge corridor with a light at the end ..........we get almost to the end and someone drops a rubber snake around my neck........as embarssed as I am to admit it....i knocked two little kids down as i ran right through the group in front of us to get out................it was funny as hell but i felt really bad about the kids ..................i bought them ice creams with their parents permission of course for knocking em down

I DON'T DO SNAKES !!!!!!!!!!!!

Boss

spraky1413

by spraky1413

haha I used to catch snakes at my grandma's house during the summer. Actually, just found a footlong gardner snake out by our birdbath about 1/2 hour ago, cute lil bugger

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

Snakes rock. I use to be afraid to handle them before i got bit. once that happened i realized there was nothing to be afraid of, it doesnt even hurt that much its just surprising more than anything.

spraky1413

by spraky1413

The first time i was bitten by a snake was (of course) catching them at my grandmas house. I caught a little baby gardner snake (maybe 2 inches max). iIwas cupping it in my palm when it bit me right in the middle. It didn't even hurt, kinda felt like velvet.

Job Hunt

30 posts • Page 2 of 3