IMPORTANT

27 posts • Page 1 of 3

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Snowboss4492

IMPORTANT

by Snowboss4492

well not really ....I just got tired of the general discussion posts not moveing ....lol

gumbii

by gumbii

hmm... i like how you just started a whore thread out of nowhere...

nice...

carry on...

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I've gotten bored with foruming a bit as of late. Just found 3 huge frosted glass cylinder vases about 2 foot tall in a flower shop dumpster. They'll come in handy as a place to stick long stemmed roses when I'm trying to sweeten up a woman I guess. I bet they're worth at least $25 a peice. I had a dream this morning as I fell asleap to motercross racing, that I had a motercross bike and was doing all kinds of cool stuff on it. I like dreams like that cause I actually feel like I'm riding one of those bikes. Now I want one. Boring huh? Maybe I'll get laid tonight.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

not boring at all...dirtbikes r fun ...lol ...i was dreaming about this huge marshmellow i was chompin on once and my wife woke me up cause i had eaten half her pilliow.....ooooopppss

good luck with the evenings project PK....lol

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Weird thing was that in my dream my cat came and visited me as I was sitting on a hill with a bunch of other guys with our bikes. I went home with her, but I remember that there was another pet of mine there too. I don't remember whether it was a dog or what, but I don't think it was another cat. That kind of implies I have another non aquarium type pet so it kinda weird.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Anyone see that giant squid that was caught in the Arctic Ocean? It was a juvenile and still had an eye as big as a dinner plate! Imagine seeing through it's eyes in the deep ocean? There's a odd kind of play between Sperm whales which have little eyes but huge front ends and I think it's like a hunting game between extremely good eyesight and some other highly developed sense the whale must have. Anyone know what the Sperm whale does with it's big head and how it tracks down these monster squid?

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

must use some sort of "sonar" i know they can communicate over hundreds of miles so they are surely capable of produceing the volume of sound to be used in a sonar situation....................hell if a bat can fly around 30 mph and pick a mosquito out of the air in mid flight ....i would imagine a 23 ton whale would be capable of the same technology....no?

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

It's pretty cool that their only diet is these huge squid that live way deep in the ocean. And yea, as most whales I think can communicate over hundreds of miles, maybe even thousands, I bet the Sperm whale has a special adaptation in it's snout for catching these squid. Maybe it does use sonar to find them.

Squid are pretty fking cool. They have like teeth on their tentacles and can swim in 2 directions really fast.

I hear that there are huge schools of a smaller kind of carnivorous squid that have been seen off California if not other places, and their numbers seem to be growing. Even these smaller ones are nasty buggers and could probably rip a person to shreds if put in the vicinity of swimmers, kind of like oceanic Piranhas.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

we are such minimal creatures you know? I heard somewhere that we have only dicovered and named about 20% of the worlds wild life and the most all of the undiscovered is in the worlds oceans...................did you see that movie "cloverfield" ?

Boss

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Wasn't that about some big lizard attacking NYC? It would be cool to be able to have a fast moving deep sea submarine with windows to see some of that stuff. My dad was one of the guys who "discovered" plate tectonics, and he's been in a sub called the Bathiscope I think.

All of the deep sea reasearch subs are really slow and cumbersome. We need one that can get down and around quickly to see these squid and whatever else that's down there, somthing that can go faster than creatures that can see somthing coming and quickly swim away.

IMPORTANT

27 posts • Page 1 of 3