IMPORTANT

27 posts • Page 2 of 3

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

yeah cloverfield was about a sea monster coming out and F'ing up NYC......it was a good flic but the whole film was done from a camcorders perspective....We were all dizzy by the end of it ....but still pretty cool movie....even though they don't really show the monster very much

I've read on these theory subs that they will be able to propell with molecular manipulation of the water that contacts the hull........theory says 1500 mph would be an average speed ....but we have to invent some kind of a vehicle that will be able to withstand those kinds of forces and keep a human alive inside then theres the photagraphy issues at that speed....christ I can't get a good shot of my hermit crab, lol and collisions etc etc etc............but interesting theories anyway.

Boss

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

That's perrty damned fast. I was hoping for like 30 mph or something. You're talking about something like UFO propulsion it sounds like to me. Supposedly 3 gyroscopes positioned at right angles to each other would produce an anti gravity machine. The idea was illustrated in the movie Contact. They used, instead of axles, 3 spinning wheels without axles to produce a device that transported Jody Foster to another universe through a worm hole or something. I guess making an anti-gravity device didn't fit with the story line, but the device was an attempt to create a 3 gyroscope machine I believe.

gumbii

by gumbii

those squid live in the gold of baja california... i went to a beach near my dad's pad and some guy fished one out... no one wanted to touch it because of it's teeth on it's tentacles... shit was scary and changing colors... insanity...

and i can't believe i missed a whore session... fail/aids...

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Wow! That's pretty cool Gumbii! Isn't it the cuttlefish that also changes colors like crazy?

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

LMAO.....is ok Gumbii...I'm sure Pete will touch his "gar" again soon............

and yeah that is similar to the propulsion system i was reading on ........not the gyros but the same principle................more along the lines of ripping into a 4th dimension type energy....but as of yet nulclear energy as we process it isn't enough nor is it clean enough to "rip" time - - -the space between the hull and the water would be basically "timeless" - - not a vaccum....just "timeless" sorry I don't have the words to explain what I'm saying - -but in effect...no heat, no wear, no fatigue...very low energy consumption once activated..........only problem is....the molecular structure of a human being or anything we could build would be like giant LEGO blocks and would destroy themselves instantly ......oh well other than that its a cool idea...lol Boss

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Maybe if we were more like squid in liquid we could deal with the forces? I'm not sure I understand your idea, but it sounds really cool.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

well i didn't say i understood it....lol in theory it would be incredable.........i remember some sci-fi movie a long time ago where they "inhaled" some liquid into their lungs so they could deep dive without crushing......might be another part of this new propulsion theory eh? if everything is at the same static hydraulic pressure .....nothing could rupture or crush.......hhhhhmmmmmm we might be onto something here ...................im going to the garage....lol kidding..........time to cook diner people.....all be safe, AL

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I'm a respiratory therapist and the future of treating people with seriously compromised lungs has liquid o2 as an option. Within a few years there will be a fluid you can breath so the reality of being able to be propelled around with great forces of momentum and acceleration is not that far off.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

see....we're not as crazy as we sound...lol

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

It would be an intense experience to have the stomach, gas in the intestines, all the sinuses in the head as well as the inner ear filled with liquid. Has anyone ever blown bubbles out of their eyes before? There is a sinus behind the eye that connects to the throat via other sinuses and if you hold your nose with your fingers and blow really hard air will come out around the eyes.

IMPORTANT

27 posts • Page 2 of 3