shrimp playin trickz

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

makavelithedon963941

shrimp playin trickz

by makavelithedon963941

i have this shrimp, i was wondering if anyone knew anything about them, not sure what its called but he eats aptasia, i though he was dead, he turned completley transparant like something sucked the life outta him, and he was upside down in the rock work. i decided to grab the body the next morning, but it was gone, and just today i seen him again looking good as new, any ideas on what might have happened?

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

he molted..and they are peperment shrimp. its normal

snowboss

by snowboss

LOL....i don't have any shrimp....but i've read in the forum about people who have flushed em as they thought they were dead , only to find out that they were molting...good thing you left him alone eh? .....Boss

Serial324556

by Serial324556

You were probably looking at the old exo-skeleton and i don't know about shrimp but crabs usually eat them after they molt.

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

Yeah my FW shrimp do the same stuff. One time I changed my water in my 5gal and my cherry red disappeared for over a week and a half after moulting. I finally spotted him one day sitting perfectly still and just figured him for dead. About 3 days later he was out and about again. I guess its just natural for them to hide out as they're most vulnerable in their 'new skin'.

shrimp playin trickz

5 posts