Curious about the profile of a "fishkeeper".

50 posts • Page 2 of 5

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Poetic_Irony2267

by Poetic_Irony2267

awesome idea for a meet and greet!!
Well most know me as Brandon, age 29, albion ny, (western ny 5 minutes from lake ontario) smack dab between buffalo and rochester, My partner and i have been together for four years. am just a simple country boy, huntin, fishin, drinkin, smokin, 4x4 in the mud with a dirty dog in the back seat kind of guy.. LOL makes me sound more redneck than i really am but i do enjoy all of the above, not much of a sports fan huntin season crosses over into football season and by the time my days are done am sleepin instead of watchin the games. amateur wildlife/nature photographer, associates degree in CADD (computer aided drafting and design) jack of all trades master of one i guess you could say, have kept fish since i was about 7, so i have a lot of history with many diff species and breeds. and i love watching cartoons!!
Brandon

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

I'm a 43 year old female psychotherapist in Southern California. Master's degrees in Computer Science, Business Administration, and Counseling Psychology. The first two from a previous career in the tech industry, the last is more recent for my current career. I have been with my partner for 5 years, she is a physician. We have 4 dogs, 6 cats, and now a bunch of fish. Our next biggest passion is golf.

Other odds and ends...I call myself an animal activist, I used to shoot competitively and love guns and trucks, I also love my BMW, like to watch TV shows like CSI, fascinated with oceanic sharks, go to Hawaii once a year, will read up on just about any topic, no kids and don't want any, I like to think I'm simple but my partner says I'm not.

(Poetic -- a hundred years ago my first degree, my Associate, was in Drafting.)

Zambize

Poetic_Irony2267

by Poetic_Irony2267

So we do have quite a bit more in common than fish and the Lword Eh? LOL sorry i couldn't resist.

Poetic_Irony2267

by Poetic_Irony2267

oh btw zambize, thank you so much for the comment on my most recent tank picture!! my partner read it and was like awwwwwww that's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to you, i looked at him and said yeah thanks a bunch hun love you too, he's the terminal smart a$$ kind of guy. after he got over his laughing fit he told me that he thinks it's awesome that i have a site where i can share my passions, as he is more into video games than real world things. LOL we both really are a couple of kids at heart
Brandon

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

Poetic - 2xLOL, yes, we share a certain pride in our commonalities, including The L Word. (and the G word, and B word, and T word LOL). I thought there was a certain lilt to your typing. I'm just cracking myself up now. LOL

My S/O is also a techie sort of geek. Head buried in electronics usually. And now I'm usually shoulder deep in a tank!

Zambize

Poetic_Irony2267

by Poetic_Irony2267

lmfao that's all i can say, the similarities, have you ever heard this from your partner "are you finished playing around with that tank yet? you just got home from work sit down relax take a breather it will be there later?"

Brandon

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

So far she likes my "tank time" because she can watch her science fiction tv shows during that time!

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

wow...great post...........

My name is Al, I'm a recovering sports car junky {used to restore older Porsches} I own my own construction/ excavation business after a 15 year electronics service tech career out in Kansas...i live 40 miles south of Albany NY on the Hudson river......beautiful country....crazy taxes ...............I am married with a 15 yr old step daughter.......both my girls are the most beautiful people in the world ...my wife got me started in salt water tanks and has been sorry ever since....lol im kidding................

I think it's increadable that in a world where diversity seems to do nothing but cause hate, murder and war we can all come in here and reguardless of sexual prefereance, religious belief, or even aquarian style........we all get along......maybe we should set the next POTUS up with an aquarium eh?

Thanks for the great post again ....it's nice to see who and where everyone is

Snowboss {AL}

PS Zambize CSI ROCKS>>>>>lol

Poetic_Irony2267

by Poetic_Irony2267

Right on AL!! diversity rocks, lol whoever it is that becomes the next potus we should set them up with a sweet tank right in the ovum office LOL sorry i sometimes can't help myself!!!! one of the big glass rimless cube tanks, i think the world would be a better place. if everyone enjoyed the beauty that we enjoy on a daily and basis!!!
it truly is an awesome thing that we all come together as group of individuals almost every day in order to chat, gain knowledge show off our achievements and our pride in our fishtanks with out much squabble or strife. many many many people could learn from this site not just in how to keep and maintain a fishtank, but also in ways of how to properly act in social situations and interact with people of different backgrounds. lets hope it stays this way for a long time to come!!!!

Brandon

WilliamG5645

by WilliamG5645

I just joined the forum, but I am active on another forum dedicated to Saltwater fishing. I guess you could say I love fish. Its kind of ironic that I enjoy fishing and keeping fish as pets, but whatever. The fishing forum is not new at all, and has about 75,000 members, though only a small percent of them are what I would consider active. However, the bickering and squabbling can get pretty intense, I think, mainly due to the sheer number of members.

BTW, I am a 25 yo male, married to a lovely little woman (literally, she's 4'10"). I work in the investment field as a portfolio manager and analyst. I have been fascinated by fish tanks my whole life, but really started dabbling within the past few years and just got a 55 gal tank going. I am here to learn, to ask questions, etc. My other hobbies include golf, gardening/landscape, fishing, and kayaking.

Curious about the profile of a "fishkeeper".

50 posts • Page 2 of 5