[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Yellow Stripe Clingfish - RateMyFishTank.com

Yellow Stripe Clingfish

9 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

nea7

Yellow Stripe Clingfish

by nea7

I can't believe I haven't heard of these fish before, they seem really cool and might even be easy to care for? I sometimes feel like all the cool saltwater fish are too difficult to meet the needs of - usually because they're too big or too delicate - but these are really small when full grown. I read you can keep them in a 10g minimum. Anyone have anymore information on them?

kate_kuhli

Re: Yellow Stripe Clingfish

by kate_kuhli

Is it Diademichthys lineatus you're referring to?

nea7

by nea7

friend_of_fish

by friend_of_fish

Oh I've seen these for sale before! Cool little fish. I think they're in the goby family which I actually wouldn't have guessed just by looking at them.

nea7

by nea7

What do you think their care level is - easy?

kate_kuhli

by kate_kuhli

nea7

by nea7

Oh that's a little disappointing, I was hoping they'd be easy to keep. It's good to know that ahead of time though, if I do decide to get one. I'll research what kinds of foods are best to try them on from the onset.

Do you know if you can keep 2 or more in the same tank? I'm just wondering if they're territorial towards each other.

blenny

by blenny

saratang

by saratang

They actually remind me of seahorses, and seahorses aren't the easiest to feed either so I can't say I'm surprised to hear about their difficult feeding habits.

Yellow Stripe Clingfish

9 posts