55Gal Freshwater Aquarium

14 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

dingdongo3

by dingdongo3

I'm currently putting in work and bought all kinds of decors for this aquarium. What I really want to do is make it look clean. I would like some input and thoughts on what I can get to make my aquarium look more nature-like.

-layouts of where i should place my driftwood/lacerocks/plants so it can look more natural.
-any other decors that would make it look nice.

I've been moving the decors around a lot and still haven't gotten a natural look for it. lol.

any websites to where i can find some nice decors and at a cheap price! Thanks!
b13af-tank.JPG

LUVMUFF9326

by LUVMUFF9326

aquabid .com n i just rescaped all my tanks. try standing the wood up in a corner.put rocks on oppisite side of wood and plants in middle. some people will argue this but i think ALL TANKS look better with a nice background,and vegetable oil will make background stick without peeling away or bubbling. just my opinion. but ur tanks lookin nice n e ways and if u got a HOBBY LOBBY neer u, check there plastic plants r huge n VERY cheap

dingdongo3

by dingdongo3

what i did for the black background was taped it up, lol...i thought it would peel and be sticky...but i've never tried vege oil before. how do i apply? with heat or anything?

Okiimiru

by Okiimiru

If you're looking for nice looking, natural tanks, then you might want to check out the Aquatic Gardener's Association's Aquascaping Contest. It's a contest among people with live, growing plants in their aquariums to see who can have the prettiest layout and healthiest plants.

Here's a link. If this doesn't work, go to google.com and type in "AGA aquascaping contest". Link: http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/2 ... ry=0&vol=1

I like live plants in the aquarium. Here is a picture of my tank, which had kitty litter (pure ground clay) substrate. Picture: http://gallery.nanfa.org/v/members/Eric ... m.jpg.html

LUVMUFF9326

by LUVMUFF9326

no just rub thin amount over tank apply background thin i use an id or dvd case to push bubbles out n done. it will stick til u peel it off urself.my community tanks background has been stuck on 4 about years

dingdongo3

by dingdongo3

Thanks! I will give it a try.
-nice aquarium btw.

LUVMUFF9326

by LUVMUFF9326

thanx, ive actually rescaped all my tanks since i added these pictures.they all have sand instead of gravel n look way nicer . its also much easier to care 4 n clean as the fish waste dont sink into sand it all rests on top of it. would recommend sand to n e 1. ive also got a pirhana tank now.i had over a hundred cichlid babies so he helps with population control

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

I like your tank layout. I think it looks nice. The one thing i would change is that green tubing kinda stands out and looks tacky. I'd switch to black or clear. Also, a few more plants wouldn't hurt.

dingdongo3

by dingdongo3

I had sand in my gravel before gravel, I guess it just all depends on the decors..?

-have Florida crushed coral btw. I might redo my other tank with gravel and sand.

dingdongo3

by dingdongo3

Yeah, I wanted to try the christmas moss for the background and some on my malay driftwood. I really wanted a Bonsai Tree in my aquarium...but i wouldn't know what to do to keep them alive..lol.

14 posts • Page 1 of 2