best canister filiter?

15 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

boylestd

best canister filiter?

by boylestd

Getting ready to switch over to a canister filter. Just wondering what your guys opinions are on what you prefer?

Alasse

by Alasse

I have an

Eheim - Excellent filter
Fluval - Excellent filter
AquaOne - Excellent, but get the next size up from recommended

Very shortly will be buying
2x Aqua Aquarium canisters

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

I agree with Alasse, Eheim is an excellent canister...if you can afford it, depending on the size of your tank, the following link is a perfect starting place for a basic excellent canister filter:

http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/p ... 14672&s=hl

canister filters are of the highest quality types of filters...once the purchase is made I am sure you will have no regret

let us know which one you chose, be interesting to know

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

I have both a Rena and a Fluval and they work great.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

I want to go DSB fo sho! Just single income and baby and car and pizza and watermelons ya know normal life stuff.

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

Yeah, those pizza and watermelon emergencies can really wipe out your bank account.

boylestd

by boylestd

I was researching a little... Anyone have a opinion about the Cascade filters?

Alasse

by Alasse

No experience with them sorry

boylestd

by boylestd

Also had another question... Im planning to plant my tank pretty heavily. Are there any special requirements I need to take into consideration?

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

beings your a beginner, you can purchase anubias plants (slow growers but they are a hardy plant, need very little light and can adapt quite easily with any type of harsh watery chemicals)...they also are runners, that is, over a period of time, say bout a year or so, the plants run under the gravel thereby sprouting upwards in various places throughout the plant bottom

anubias are a little expensive, about $6.00 a plant, but they do come in a variety and if purchased as a bundle, say about 10 plants, I promise you these plants, in time, say about 2-3 years, will spread nicely throughout your aquarium

I am sure there are others who will and can assist you in a variety of plant life especially Alasse...let us know what you figure on

best canister filiter?

15 posts • Page 1 of 2