best canister filiter?

15 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

boylestd

by boylestd

Well right now I have a water sprite and an anubus plant. The sprite seems to be flourishing more so than the anubus right now. but neither are doing bad. I have sand substrate so I left them in the pots right now. Is there anything I should be doing different? My plants seem fine but I obviously wanna do the best for them that I can.

yasherkoach

by yasherkoach

anubias are slow growers so don't expect too much...you could attach the plant to a piece of wood

the only thing bad about sand when it comes to plants is the sand can get rather compacted whereas the gravel or pebbles (river pebble is a good way to go) provides enough spacing between all the pebble/gravel so the roots can flourish through the cracks

you shouldn't add any chemical, just let the fish poop fertilize the plant roots

I am sure Alasse and others can suggest more ways to help with the plants

natalie265
Site Admin

by natalie265

Cryptocoryn wendtii is my favorite low maintenance plant. Not sure how well it does in a sand substrate tho.

Alasse

by Alasse

Does well in sand nat....i currently have it planted in sand, growing well and throwing off runners big time!

Low tech plants that dont require much care

Java fern (the 3 kinds)
Anubias (very slow growers)
Crypts
Java moss
Val

boylestd

by boylestd

Update on the filter selection- I went with the cascade filter. I got the 100 gallon model, got mixed reviews on them but the good outweigh the bad. Ill keep you guys updated. It was only 110 bucks, a bit cheaper than other filters of the same size so Iim kinda wary... should be here today. Ill let you know the outcome!

best canister filiter?

15 posts • Page 2 of 2