oscar question

32 posts • Page 3 of 4

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I would put the conditioner into the tank before I fill the tank back up with the Python. The sooner it can start dechlorinating the better.

angus4481

by angus4481

an easy and cheap solution to the Python. buy all the fittings and hose at a harware store, i paid 25 bucks on mine. the thing is, shop around. different hardware stores, have different prices on the hose. the fittings are usualy the same price. just make sure you rinse every thing off, incase someone touched it with greasy hands

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

So, you can buy the flow reversing part at the hardware store? I have a regular hose and I've used it before, but it's a pain because my faucets don't have fittings a hose attaches to and it ended up being more of a pain than it was worth. I assume the Python has a way to connect to most any faucet, and that flow reverser is pretty cool. Can you get all that at the hardware store?

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

i believe the python attaches only to faucet heads that are threaded, most faucets in restrooms are not threaded (for aesthetic reasons)... so u would need to run it from like a washroom or other utility sink, if im not mistaked... thats why i didnt purchase one.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I'm in an apartment and this is an issue. Too bad there's not some kind of wide elastic end-piece that could be stretched over a variety of faucets.

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

if i had a really big tank, and really needed the python, i would buy a replacement faucet with threading and install it

prskiller

by prskiller

You need to remove the faucet aerator to connect the Python adapter. Kitchen, vanity or shower it doesn't matter. Most hardware stores have all the adapters so that you could connect to your kitchen sink, vanity sink and shower faucet. Inner thread or outer threads, fittings are available. I know because I work in a hotel engineering shop and we have these adapters. I have not seen the Faucet Pump at any hardware store so you would still have to get the Python. It now comes with the brass adapter (use to be plastic) which will fit outer and inner threads.

http://www.pythonproducts.com/repparts.html

prskiller

by prskiller

So sorry to lead this off topic knd01

snowboss

by snowboss

if you really want to get crazy - -by the replacement tap and portable dish washer connection at a lowes or home depot type place then you could quick attach the "Boa" {home built python, lol} the tap connector stayes on the faucet all the time - - - Boss

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

awsome! IT CAN BE DONE!

oscar question

32 posts • Page 3 of 4