Woot ...they arrived!

23 posts • Page 1 of 3

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Alasse

Woot ...they arrived!

by Alasse

The 3 tiered tanks arrived! Only thing is they wont fit were i thought they would *L* So things are gonna have to be moved around.

The 4ft will have to move to where the angel tank is
The tiers will go where the 4ft used to be.
The goldie tank will have to move to near the back door
The angel tank will move to where the goldie tank was

Gawd this should be fun!

Alasse

by Alasse

goldie tank emptied...Still empty

4ft emptied and moved (not where it will eventually go though). Still empty

just having dinner then will bring in the tiers

mzhantsche

by mzhantsche

You touched on this subject in a different thread but...how do i go about transferring my 20 gal into my 30 gal? You said bucket the fish transfer as much water as i can. Im going to be using the existing filter and substrate from the 20 gal. How long should i leave the fish in the bucket and let the filter run the new tank?

Alasse

by Alasse

I got the 4ft filled and fish back in before i went to bed. Got the angel tank (angels are confined in the maingano tank for now) to move into place and to put the tanks onto the tier stand today when i get home from work.

The angels are moving into the custom 2ft, the goldies will be going into their 3ft. Well thats the plan anyway *L*

mzhantsche ~ what i did was remove the fish, empty the tank, move the tank, fill the tank, add the fish. The fish only stayed in the bucket for as long as it took me to get the tank moved & refilled

dream2reef

by dream2reef

WHERE ARE THE PICS DANG. I don't want to read all this nonsense. I just did a 3 tank rotation it does suck fo sho. Fish just have to live as long as it takes like she said. Hope they make it through the move. I lost 3 neons :( but at least there a 5 a dozen lol. But for real I want pics who cares if the tanks cloudy I never do lol.

nicholas542

by nicholas542

yeah post some pics Alasse i want to see this prodject as it evolves

Alasse

by Alasse

Not finished yet lol

Upon inspection 1 of the 3fts that came with the tiers looks to need resealing, cheaper and easir just to buy a new tank *L* The other i knew was damaged and had been repaired, not usable as far as i'm concerned. The 2.5ft looks ok, just gotta pick up a sponge filter for it

The stand is great, which is what i was after anyway....the tanks...blah...dump job...i'm a bit fussy *L*

So i got the Goldies are in the 3ft (old angel tank). And have started the 2ft custom tank for the angels today. The angel tank is a priority now, the plants dont take kindly to being shoved in buckets without light for too long.

My darn canister on the 4ft is playing up so i've turned it off, and it will have to stay that way til i get home from work tonight and pull it down to find out what's happening, fingers crossed it hasnt died cause there was no movement...grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Pics will come, but honestly guys my house is a fishy mess *L*...i've got tanks, filters, heaters, buckets, fish bits and pieces everywhere.
I havent had time to take pics...i gotta get it sorted and my house back under control before my other half kills me *LOL*

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Been there done that I know what you mean I'm just antsy dang it!

Alasse

by Alasse

Well i inspected the canister, broken part...grrrrrrr...so its out til i can find replacement part for it. So the 4ft now has a Otto internal in it, rated for a 3ft tank lol, but i can tell ya the guppies are loving the extra flow!

The angel tank is on hold, i want to put a smaller grade gravel over the AquaBasis to plant in, i'll be trying to pick that up tomorrow if i can. Then i can get to the planting and move the poor restricted angels back into their tank!

so hopefully in the next day or so i'll share some pics *L*

Alasse

by Alasse

A few pics

the 4ft breeding tank & the goldies
f6c7f-4ft 13th Sept 2010.jpg
06f85-Goldies 13th Sept 2010.jpg

Woot ...they arrived!

23 posts • Page 1 of 3