jdak

44 posts • Page 4 of 5

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

jdak702

by jdak702

So this isn't your site? I guess their are two aquamans in cali...
http://www.aquamanaquariums.com/

So tell me again that it isn't a nano tank....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reef_aquarium#Nano_reefs
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 512AAfY9VC

I guarantee any experienced marine aquarist would tell you what a nano tank is and that hippo tang don't belong in that size tank. Simple as that...

AquamanCA

by AquamanCA

Excuse me for saying this, but you have very selective reading and comprehension. I guess you choose to only accept information that you already agree with, or think you know. You are obviously very young and in that time of your life when you think you know everything. Don't worry...you will outgrow it and look back one day and realize you knew nothing...everyone goes through this phase.

What part of "I don't have a site" did you not understand? Did you stop to think that the name Aquaman might not be so rare? I am sure there are several "Aquamans" in California...there is even one that lives under the sea, but not in a pineapple.

If you choose to only accept what you have read on wikipedia or yahoo answers as gospel that is your prerogative. However, you should go back and re-read...slowly...so you understand better. I have not read the links, but I can guess what they say.
Let me give you the proper definition, knowing you won't believe or accept it anyway.
First the definition of nano - small, tiny, minute.
A "nano" tank is a tank that is typically LESS THAN 30 gallons. It is MOST OFTEN a fully self-contained system. USUALLY "nano" tanks offer very little, if any, ability for the hobbyist to alter or upgrade the system.
Notice there are no absolutes? This is in line with the hobby as there are no absolutes except one....fish die, people cry.
Until you come to realize that there are no absolutes within the hobby you will never become a good hobbyist.
Your guarantee is moot...I am an experienced marine aquarist, spend countless hours at symposiums with other experienced aquarists and I can assure you that "any", as you put it, would not agree with you.

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

So I got a fire shrimp instead of a peppermint shrimp.
since you guys were busy fighting, I asked the store guy instead and he said two peppermint shrimp would
Not be a good idea in a six gal.
so, I want to get a pistol shrimp with my goby, and then I will be golden.
And I took some sand out, Ty. And the guy still did not call me back.

AquamanCA

by AquamanCA

Stingrays, my sincerest and most humble apologies. And I'm not talking about not calling back...if it was me I definitely would have called ;-)
If you want to try something cool...when your shrimp sets up his cleaning station you can encourage him to clean your finger. Just slowly move your hand towards him with a finger extended. He might crawl on you and pick at your finger. Its feels neat and is a very cheap alternative to a manicure LOL Just make sure you don't have any lotion or perfume on your hand.
You might want to rethink adding a pistol with the fire shrimp. Pistols can go after other shrimp. If the Fire shrimp is large you might get away with it. Just use caution.

jdak702

by jdak702

Aquaman... lots of talking yourself up again. Are you a marine aquarist or biologist? Really i don't care for a response if it is all talking about yourself. Anyways, lets see some pictures of these great tanks you design because the one picture with the scallop looked like shit.

dream2reef

by dream2reef

I woulda just pretended to write your number down jus sayin...

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

Ok, cool for the input.
My Siamese algae eaters do that in my planted tank.
The fireshrimp is twice the size of the peppermint shrimp, but maybe I will rethink it because I do not want
any trouble, and seriously, I am over it. I hope he does not call back. ;)
Thanks for making feel better.

nicholas542

by nicholas542

That's not a exreme amount of sand. I had a 2" crushed coral bed with 2" of sugar sand on top of that in my old saltwater tank before it crashed.

jdak702

by jdak702

I didn't think it was either but aquaman will assure you he knows more than you in a bit...

nicholas542

by nicholas542

dude I raised my salt tank for over 3 years untill my local water supply had a spike in copper and killed my reef. I'm not new to the saltwater aquarium game. I agree with jdak the sand bed looks great.

jdak

44 posts • Page 4 of 5