jdak

44 posts • Page 3 of 5

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

So far so good. Everyone is eating. I am feeding them mysis shrimp.
The peppermint shrimp is hanging out by the powerhead, and the goby comes out of the rock to eat.
I have 2 baby starfish in there that somehow survived the cycle.
I would like to get another peppermint shrimp...... bad idea?

dream2reef

by dream2reef

Your tank is sweet. Just not right next to a completely different world. The worlds are colliding and clashing at the same time. I know you hate me but I like you so there. Other then that I love those tanks. I woulda thought being enclosed like that would help to keep the heater off a lil more having less heat escape.

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

LOL.
I don't hate you.
I hate the guy I had sex with that never called me back.
I seriously thought I was pretty good.

AquamanCA

by AquamanCA

HAHA You all are cracking me up! Maybe you were too good and he got scared ;-)

Stingraysrule...if I may make a comment. Simply from a long time professional aquarist's perspective...I would be a little worried you might have too much sand in your Edge. Of course I am only guessing based on a picture which can distort how much sand you actually have in there. My experience has shown that too much of something is just as bad as not enough. Just a thought.

stingraysrule

by stingraysrule

OK. I think I might have oo much.
When I do a water change I will syphon some out
ty.

jdak702

by jdak702

I like the analogy aqua. The same could be said about a Hippo Tang in a nano tank.

tekneb

by tekneb

Or an actual Hippo in a nano tank :P

AquamanCA

by AquamanCA

jdak, with all due respect I never said to put a blue tang into a nano tank, let alone calling one a Hippo Tang. Not being disrespectful but when you have acquired as much experience as I have, have designed as many systems as I have and studied Marine Biology, which I have, then you might be able to debate what tanks certain fish can/cannot go in to. Until then you are basing your argument simply on what you have read, or heard, as opposed to practical knowledge and experience.

Like I said, I am not trying to be disrespectful but if you want to debate the practical application of reef keeping I am more than willing.

jdak702

by jdak702

Ya, we've all been doing this a while. It doesn't matter if it is called a hippo tang or a baby blue tang. They are the same thing. What matters is that they grow to be 12" long, have particular feeding needs and need large tanks. Yet, your experience tells you to recommend a noob to put one in their nano tank. We could argue about your great experience all day but the fact is i see better displays all day long from the ones i've seen on your site.

AquamanCA

by AquamanCA

You are very touchy. I said I was not being disrespectful yet you attempt to take a pot shot. Ok I'll play the game.

I don't have a site. No need to have one, or pay for one, since I am not taking on any new clients or doing any advertising. So I am not sure what you are talking about. Obviously neither do you.

So apparently because "we've all been doing this awhile" makes everyone here have equal knowledge? Hardly. How many tanks have you built and maintained "doing this awhile"? I can assure you that I designed and built more systems in the last 2 weeks than you have your entire "awhile". I consult with all levels of hobbyist and have yet to see any of them fail when they follow my guidance. Can you say the same thing? How much practical knowledge do you have?

I'll repeat what I said previously since you chose to ignore it. It is not a nano tank. Do you even know the difference or are you simply using the term because you heard it one day.

I addressed your previous comment with respect and you respond with attitude. I'm beginning to think I landed in kiddieland.

jdak

44 posts • Page 3 of 5